Wowza Community

Problems with MPEG-DASH trial

Hi,

I just downloaded 3.6.2 trial version and am trying out the MPEG-DASH support. I have a unicast MPEG-TS playing in a live stream. When I hit connect in the player launched inside Chrome all I see is this message in the log (see below). I enabled httpAdapterDebugLog and mpegdashAdapterDebugLog in the HTTPStreamers.xml file. I’ve used the developer edition to stream MPEG-TS via Flash, etc. so I"m fairly confident in my setup but obviously I’ve missed something.

Thanks,

Rick

2013-06-11 16:25:48 EDT comment server INFO 200 - onManifest: live/mpegts.stream/manifest_mpm4sav_mvlist.mpd - - - 140.181 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2013-06-11 16:25:48 EDT comment server INFO 200 - onManifest: {Decoded MPD URL: sessionId: “”, manifestProfile: 2, manifestId: 2, queryStr: “null”} - - - 140.185 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2013-06-11 16:25:49 EDT app-start application INFO 200 definst live/definst - - - 140.348 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rick,

Are you playing the VOD sample in the DASH player?

Are you loading the player from the file system instead of a web server? If so, you need to use our script to launch Chrome or there will be a file access error

If still a problem, re-start Wowza and test again, then zip up the /conf folder and current access log and send to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

There is a list of players in the MPEG-DASH guide in the Playback section. I’m not sure if any are useful on Android, I don’t think so. And I don’t iOS supports MPEG-DASH. Keep in mind this is very new, this is a Preview Release of this feature.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I’ve tested MPEG-DASH live in the example and it plays well on my pc. However, how can i make it play on Apple iOS/ Android?

On my samsung s3, the player load successfull and i can see the request in wowza log, but no video/audio.

On iOS, I’ve tried playing on chrome/safari but the page says browser does not support MediaSource API.