Thread: Wowza crash with this error in jconsole

Default Wowza crash with this error in jconsole

My wowza crashes all the time. When it crashes, it lasts for like 5 mins then it goes back to normal. If I connect to jconsole, it will have the following error

Jun 14, 2013 7:28:16 AM ClientCommunicatorAdmin Checker-run
    WARNING: Failed to check the connection: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
    Jun 16, 2013 6:41:26 AM ClientCommunicatorAdmin Checker-run
    WARNING: Failed to check the connection: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
    Jun 16, 2013 11:32:13 PM ClientCommunicatorAdmin Checker-run

The sever was having 300 connections.

Is this a memory problem? My server is using a custom module.

I also have the GC log downloaded right after the server crash. If needed I can send it to you

Does anyone have the same issue?

Hi,

The error being shown suggests that the custom code is doing something. I would remove the custom code and see if the problem remains. The type of error, lasts 5 minutes then goes back to normal, suggests the custom code is the cause.

Andrew.

The module is used to check whether the streamname is still publish or not. If it is published, then update in the database, if it is not published, then updating it in the database also. It is also connecting to the database to check if the streamname is allowed or not. The developer set the watchdog to run every 45 seconds to keep checking the streamname is published or not published. I think this is when the problem comes in. The watchdog keep checking every 45 seconds so it makes the server runs out of memory.

Hi,

It does sound like you need to go back to your developer to resolve this issue.

Andrew