Wowza Community

whats a good hd live streaming camera that works with wowza?

trying to find GOOD wifi cameras that are self contained, can be set up quicly in a location and stream directly to wowza, and have a GREAT video / audio quality.

i saw this but no idea if it wil work

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=892386&Q=&is=REG&A=details

anyone go any tested solutions??

I think this camera will work with Wowza. The Video is AVC (h.264) and the audio is AAC. According to the camera’s User Manual, under “Streaming Images”, it says there is an included driver that will enable this camera to be used as a webcam. Then you will need an encoder like FMLE, Wirecast or VLC, as you would with a standard webcam.

There is no mention of RTSP output. If you want a more standard IP camera, one that has a direct internet connection and does not require separate live encoder to stream to Wowza, take a look at IP cameras. There 100s of them at this time, but Axis cameras that support h.264 video and AAC audio are a safe bet. Panasonic also makes IP cameras.

Richard

i hate axis cameras only because they all seem to have that jerky motion on them, like its running at 10 frames a second, even the ones that cost thousands

how many frames per sec and what is the video size?

So quite often the encode quality of these ‘all-in-one’ Cameras isn’t that great. You may be much better off buying a nice HD Camera then using something like a Teradek Cube to handle the encode. Those little puppies hook right onto the camera and can take the SDI or HDMI output and toss it on WiFi, ethernet or via a USB Cellular 4G Modem.

The JVC HM650U will do this also… but it’s a bit pricey… and their web streaming bit really isn’t that great. (not really meant for streaming live HD in high quality… more like it was meant to stream a QA feed, or ‘web quality’ feed). Ideally (if you like JVC), taking the HM150U or HM650U (or 600U) and tossing it into Teradek will look pretty darned nice.

–Chris

i hate axis cameras only because they all seem to have that jerky motion on them, like its running at 10 frames a second, even the ones that cost thousands

Just set up an Axis M11 series - outdoor, weather proof housing, ethernet, power over ethernet, no PTZ, no audio (we can’t stream audio for legal reasons anyway) with no issues.