Thread: Wowza Origin / Edge with three servers

Question Wowza Origin / Edge with three servers

Hi,

We have a setup with an internal server that connects to a camera (origin), a DMZ server that streams from the internal server (edge) but now we want to have another server stream from the edge server in the DMZ. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help / suggestions

You will have to get your network admin to ensure these servers are able to reach other. You may have to map external ip to internal ip of the Wowza server.

Richard

Thanks Richard

I have been working with our network admin but still no luck.

I have the origin setup on the internal server and the edge setup on the DMZ server (steaming on the DMZ works great). Do you know what I need to do to repeat the edge stream from the DMZ so I can use it on another server outside of the DMZ? Do I need to setup another origin on the DMZ with a stream file? If so what should be in the stream file? If not is there another way to repeat the edge stream so I will have a server and a stream value when trying to connect using the Wowza rtmp example site from a server outside of the DMZ? Our end goal is to use an Amazon EC2 Wowza instance to stream from the DMZ and then stream from the Amazon EC2 instance to our website.

So the setup is:
    Internal Server that connects to the camera:
    DMZ server that gets the stream from the internal server using the origin/edge setup and will allow external connections
    Amazon EC2 instance that will get the stream from the DMZ and allow us to stream it to our website via RTMP.

I hope this makes sense

Thanks again

I have no way to help with the internals of your network. All I can tell you is these servers have to be able to connect to each other.

Richard