Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FMLE client user-agent?

Default FMLE client user-agent?

Hi there,

Is there any hope of getting the GoCoder to spit out a FMLE client user-agent please? We have an application that checks for either the FMLE or Wirecast user-agent in the "serverinfo" XML. Here's an example:

<FlashVersion>FMLE/3.0 (compatible; FMSc/1.0)</FlashVersion>

This would be very helpful.

Thank you!
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by astudios View Post
    Hi there,

Is there any hope of getting the GoCoder to spit out a FMLE client user-agent please? We have an application that checks for either the FMLE or Wirecast user-agent in the "serverinfo" XML. Here's an example:

This would be very helpful.

Thank you!
    Steven
    anyone can lend a hand here?

thanks,
    steven

Thank you for the GoCoder feedback and suggestion. I will pass this feedback to the GoCoder team as an enhancement request today. I regret we did not reply to your post earlier.

-Lisa

Hello again,

Was anyone aware that the bitrate value is being incorrectly reported? I have attached a picture.

Does anyone have any other method of retrieving the (correct) audio+video bitrate being pushed out from GoCoder?

Thanks!
    Steven

Steven,

This is a known problem which should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the report,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Steven,

This is a known problem which should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the report,

Richard
    Hello again. It's been a while, but has there been a fix for this yet? I just tried it again with the most recent iOS update of GoCoder and I am still not seeing a correct video bitrate being sent .. still says 64kbps (even though it is, for example, 500kbps).

Thank you!

Your comment was bubbled up and it's being looked at.

Thanks for the report,
    Richard

We're looking into this now, and are wondering about the xml shown in your screen shot which looks like a connectioncounts, but the videodatarate, etc. is not included in the built-in version. Is this a customized version of connectioncounts?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    We're looking into this now, and are wondering about the xml shown in your screen shot which looks like a connectioncounts, but the videodatarate, etc. is not included in the built-in version. Is this a customized version of connectioncounts?

Richard
    Yes. It is our own custom version of it. We need the video/audio bitrate information for our back-end so that we can detect if the customer is going over their limit.

By the way, it looks like the latest version of GoCoder has this fixed! Hooray!

Any chance also that the "FlashVersion" parameter can be set to something like this? Right now, I believe all it says is "WIN"...

This is helpful to us because it allows us to make sure our clients are using "supported" encoders.

Thank you!

For GoCoder the user-agent (FlashVersion) is something like "Wowza GoCoder 1.3.0". I don't think there is way to change that in GoCoder, and I don't see a way to change that server-side, looking through the IMediaStream methods, there is not way to set user-agent that I can find.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast