Thread: Restreaming My Nonstandard Stream

Default Restreaming My Nonstandard Stream

Hello All,

I have a point-to-point sender receiver pair coded to send audio only between two endpoints, as in an intercom. My encoding is not a well know Wowza standard; it is

live microphone -> PCMA encode -> RTP payload -> UDP transport sender

which is decoded on the other end as

UDP reveiver -> RTP depayload ->PCMA decode -> speakers.

The code is a Gstreamer pipeline on both ends.

-----------------------

Now I want to pass my "intercom" through a Wowza server and it looks like I'm going to have to abandon PCMA to accomplish this.

The Wowza Live stream's input side will accept mpeg1 so that the gstreamer sender pipeline will become

microphone (autoaudiosrc) -> Mpeg Audio Encoder (mad) -> mpeg ts muxer (mpegxmux) -> UDP sender (udpsink).

Doing this I get back an mpegts stream that I can easily decode with ffplay on Windows and Linux or a gstreamer pipeline

rtmpsrc ! mpegtsdemux ! mad ! autoaudiosink

on Linux, but not on Windows where the source and/or demuxand/or decoder pipeline elements are broken.

--------------------------

And that's my problem. I prefer a single solution that works on both OSes.

Before I go further down any non-gstreamer path, I wondered if there is any way to get the transcoder (my best guess at the right add-on to use) to map my input stream back out in the same format it received it. Or at east send it out as RTP not RTMP? I'd prefer PCMA, very low bitrates and LGPL.

Or would the Push-Publish add-on be an easier approach?

Can someone get me pointed to a reasonable starting place or share an example of doing such a thing?

Many thanks,

Wes

Wes,

Yes, I think Push Publish is the piece you need. It can push mpeg-ts, but it will be AAC audio. I don't think you can pass thru with the Transcoder or push mpeg1 audio.

Richard

Richard,

Thanks! Is there a tutorial? Examples?

Wes

The PushPublish addon comes with a guide which includes examples. It is configurable now, you don't have write any code.

Richard