Thread: Using Transcoder Add on to Disable Audio in the output

Default Using Transcoder Add on to Disable Audio in the output

Im using trial version of WOWZA(3.6.2) and have made configurations for Multicast Addon and also Transcoder Addon as in the manual. Also I use the transcode.xml file to do transcoding. I have disabled Audio in the Xml file but I still hear the sound in the output after transcoding.
    <!-- AAC, PassThru, Disable -->

And during startup of WOWZA I see the following..

2013-06-23 12:01:15 CEST comment server INFO 200 - Maximum Connections: Unlimited - - - 3.046 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2013-06-23 12:01:15 CEST comment server INFO 200 - Transcoder Streams Available: Unlimited - - - 3.054 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This basically means the transcoderAddon is enabled ?

Could someone kindly help me out to figure out why I still hear audio after transcoding ?
    Also I wonder if my Transoder Addon is really working or not.

Hi there,

When you say the audio is still being output, do you mean the Wowza audio watermark? If so this is because you are using a trial version. There is no way to get rid of the watermark in a trial version.

Also, have a look at this guide to see if the Wowza Transcoder is configured and operating properly:
    Wowza Transcoder AddOn Troubleshooting Tests and Tips

Thanks Salvadore,

But when WOWZA starts I cannot see the lines Transcoder libraries loaded nor any error messages.
    Im not quite sure why the transcoder libraries are not loading.

<!-- To turn on transcoder set to: transcoder -->
    <!-- [templatename].xml or ${SourceStreamName}.xml -->

This is my transcoder settings in Application.xml.

If the incoming stream is H.264 video and AAC or MP3 audio you want to use:
    If the incoming stream is MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 Part 2 video and requires transcoding to H.264 and AAC for delivery to supported player technologies, use:
    You can look for verification information in the [install-dir]/logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log file:
    If the Libraries loaded you will see something like:
    Comment	server	INFO  200 TranscoderSessionNative.loadLibrary: Load transcoder lit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.0.0/lib-naive/win64/transcoder.list
    If not this could be due to malformed xml in Application.xml, a faulty install or permissions issue.

If the Transcoder template loaded:
    comment	server	INFO	200 LiveStreamTranscoder.init[live/_definst_/myStream]: Load transcoder template: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.0.0/transcoder/templates/transrate.xml
    Failure could be due to specifying a template in Application.xml that does not exist or the template is not in expected location. Sample templates are located in [install-dir]/transcoder/templates.

Also make sure you have the required drivers installed.

Hi Salvadore,

I have followed each and every step from the link and still the Transcoder libraries wouldn't load.
    Also tried uninstalling WOWZA and still the same problem.
    I don't see any error messages (or do I have to enable logs for error messages ?) so I'm not sure where the issue is.

<!-- To turn on transcoder set to: transcoder -->

Now this is what I understand. The above line alone will enable transcoder addon and I have done that..
    Am I right ?

Hi Manoj,

Are you testing playback of a transcoded rendition?
    Or the source? Sounds like you are testing the source. Which is not transcoded.

This is a very common misunderstanding.

The transcoded rendition should be a stream name like "myStream_360p", or something like that, where "myStream" is the name of the source.

I have a UDP stream (MPEG.TS) as the source HD and I wanted to input it to WOWZA transcoder Addon and make it SD. Im using multicastpublish addon along with it. So when I test the playback I use the IP I specified in the multicastmap.txt.

This is the setup I made to test if Transcoder as well as multicast Addon works as expected.

please let me know if the trial run I do is correct

Thanks for your help

What you describe is supported. Note that in the current version of Wowza you can use the PushPublish addon instead of the MulticastPublish addon, and it is recommend that you switch to that. These are the relevant guides:

Hi Richard,

thanks for the links. problem solved. .Net package was the issue.
    I will use the PushPublish addon soon for further tests.

Thanks for the update, Manoj