Wowza Community

Wowza HLS push to Akamai HLS config

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Wowza to push (HTTP POST) HLS video fragments and playlists to Akamai?

No, this is not supported at present. It is a likely future feature, but I do not have any time frame.

Richard

Hello ,

Can someone please explain to me how is Wowza HLS ingest to Akamai, suppose to work?

I am using wowza stream engine 4.2.0.01 and the “Stream target” feature to push HLS streams to Akamai.

I have followed https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-push-streams-to-cdns-and-other-services-push-publishing ,

but I failed configuring a hls stream to be pushed to Akamai servers.

These are the scenarios I have followed.

First scenario:

Hls input stream -> wowza live app -> enable Stream target -> Stream targer status: Active -> Ingest bit rate (akamai panel) = 0.0bps (It doesnt work)

After that I opened checked the Monitoring (on wowza content panel) and I saw:

Network Throughput

Bytes In: 0 @ 0.000 bits/s

Bytes Out: 0 @ 0.000 bits/s

PS: the stream in hls, is a working stream.

Second scenario:

MPEG-TS input stream -> wowza live app -> enable Stream target -> Stream targer status: Active -> Ingest bit rate (akamai panel) = 12,040.399Kbps

If the stream output from wowza server would have been “HLS format” the Ingest bit rate should have been approximately 3Mbps

(or less, since that the “transcoder feature” is already activated in wowza live app and the max bit rate allowed is less that 3Mbps).

Can someone advise please?

Thank you in advance.

Daniels