Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wowza Simple Radiostream

Default Wowza Simple Radiostream

OK, I am a Wowza noob, haha. I am so lost, I really need some help.

I currently broadcast a weekly radioshow using Microsoft Expression Encoder from my home and my own Windows 2003 server a couple of thousand miles away. Problem, of course, is not everyone can hear the broadcast because it is setup using Windows Media Player.

I have installed Wowza on my Windows 2003 server. I have figured out that I can use Winamp to ingest the audio from my Expression Encoder and I can output that via a shoutcast plugin.

I think that's half the battle. What I need now is how do I connect the shoutcast output (mp3 or AAC) into Wowza. I have read the documentation and I don't fully understand it. I am not a stupid person, I did my whole windows setup my self but am just lost with Wowza.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Doug

Have you seen this tutorial:
    How to re-stream audio from SHOUTcast/Icecast

Salvadore

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    Hi Doug

Have you seen this tutorial:
    How to re-stream audio from SHOUTcast/Icecast

Salvadore
    Yes I have seen it and am stumped at this point.....

Publishing the stream

1. Use a text editor to create the file [install-dir]/content/radiostation.stream and set the contents of this file to the full HTTP URL of a SHOUTcast or Icecast stream (see URL to connect to SHOUTcast or Icecast).

The shoutcast has winamp for input and wants me to specify a location to send the output to. I am not paying to go thru shoutcasts' servers, I am just using shoutcast as a way to direct the audiostream to wowza. This is where I am having the problem.

Hi Doug,
    If you have the audio files, you can put them in your [wowza-install-dir]/content folder, and stream them as VOD.

open the example player: [wowza-install-dir]/examples/VideoOnDemandStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer/player.html
    for stream name use: container:file.container

for example mp3:Song.mp3, or mp4:Song.mp4

Salvadore

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    Hi Doug,
    If you have the audio files, you can put them in your [wowza-install-dir]/content folder, and stream them as VOD.

open the example player: [wowza-install-dir]/examples/VideoOnDemandStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer/player.html
    for stream name use: container:file.container

for example mp3:Song.mp3, or mp4:Song.mp4

Salvadore

Sal, it is a LIVE radio show broadcast.

Doug,

What I think you may be missing is the shoutcast http url. Typically there is a .pls file for shoutcast player, which is a text file that contains at least one http url. This is what you are looking for to put in the .stream file.

The Application.xml /StreamType can be "shoutcast" if you are only using RTMP clients for playback. Otherwise use StreamType "live" and start the stream in StreamManager or /conf/StartUpStreams.xml with MediaCaster type "shoutcast".

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Doug,

What I think you may be missing is the shoutcast http url. Typically there is a .pls file for shoutcast player, which is a text file that contains at least one http url. This is what you are looking for to put in the .stream file.

The Application.xml /StreamType can be "shoutcast" if you are only using RTMP clients for playback. Otherwise use StreamType "live" and start the stream in StreamManager or /conf/StartUpStreams.xml with MediaCaster type "shoutcast".

Richard
    I do so appreciate everyone's patience with me. Let me try to clarify one more thing. As for shoutcast, I am actually using SHOUTcast DSP Plug-In for Winamp. I set winamp up as input. The output is looking for a url. Is that url from my PC or is it an input url on my wowza server? An example would be nice to see if possible.

It would be a http url pointing to the machine with shoutcast plugin. It might have some port other than 80. I don't have experience with that plugin, so I'm not sure exactly how to guide you. If it generates the .pls file I mentioned, open that in a text editor to find the url.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    It would be a http url pointing to the machine with shoutcast plugin. It might have some port other than 80. I don't have experience with that plugin, so I'm not sure exactly how to guide you. If it generates the .pls file I mentioned, open that in a text editor to find the url.

Richard
    I will be using Wowza for more than a radio station. Before I spen $999 on something I want to make sure it works and there is adequate support for the product.

So far the documentation has benn NO help and I am not getting anyone on here that understands the very basic elememtary setup I am trying to establish. This is most frustrating. I had the windows side totally set up and functioning 100% within 36 hurs and with this I have spent over 3 weeks and have gotten NO WHERE,

Will someone please start at the topand read what I am trying to do and help me? This is something I really need to do.

Doesn't this plugin tell you what the HTTP url it is streaming to is?

I am not sure that Wowza supports this workflow. But if the Winamp plugin is emulating Shoutcast stream it should tell you what that HTTP url is.

I find that plugin on this Shoutcast.com page

Is there documentation about this broadcast feature in the plugin? I am downloading, but I don't really want to install Winamp and this plugin, and in any case will probably not be able to install and review its documentation today.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast