Thread: Custom Player for nDVR in actionscript

Angry Custom Player for nDVR in actionscript

I have created my own media player in flash builder. It works for live streams but it doesn not work for the ?DVR streams. DVR streams also do not work on the old osmf player but on the newest debug I noticed they do. What is the missing actionscript code needed to play DVR files? Here is my code for regular live sytreams:

var mediaPlayerSprite:MediaPlayerSprite = new MediaPlayerSprite();
    var manifestElement:F4MElement = new F4MElement();
    manifestElement.resource = new URLResource("http://localhost:1935/dvrstream/test/manifest.f4m?DVR");

test.addChild(mediaPlayerSprite);
    mediaPlayerSprite.media = manifestElement;

I was going to refer you to the source for the Wowza example LiveDVRStreaming/FlashHTTPPlayer, but it is not included for some reason. Source for the Silverlight version is included. I will inquire about the source for the FlashHTTPPlayer example and update.

Richard

Thank you so much. I am excited to use wowza it works pretty much exactly how I want it to. I have to make a custom media player now for my ndvr streams. The sooner the better. thank you so much!!!

The Wowza DVR FLashHTTPPlayer example is just an HTML wrapping of the strobe OSMF-based player. So you can use the OSMF open source project as a starting point.

Richard

I see they are wrapped. I really prefer to make my own custom player so I have more control of the playback. I feel like my code should work. What is missing? How do I compile my flash builder project using the newest version of osmf? It seems as if the newer versions are working that come with wowza. wowza dvr playback does not even work on the standard osmf configurator. http://www.osmf.org/configurator/fmp/

Ok so the osmf that comes with flash builder (flex sdk 4.6) is outdated.

I added the new osmf.swc and src files and now I finally see it receiving the data. I didnt even have to change any code.

Now the new problem is that the video is not showing up on my stage or in my UIcomponent. I've tried addChild to just about everything.

I can even hear the sound! but no video :-(

Why can't I see the video now?
    Last edited by WebDev4Life; 06-30-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Hey so I figured it out... you must also set the stage background alpha to 0%. I can finally have some fun with wowza. Thanks for your help Rich.

You're welcome. Thanks for the update.

Richard