Wowza Community

time delay of live stream or play delayed streams

Hi,

I can see lot of tutorials for dvr .

can some one guide me how to make the time shift of live stream by 5-6 hours?

I am not sure if time shift is the right name for this.

ANy tutorials on this?

Hi,

Are you wanting the live stream to play 5-6 hours behind the live source but not have the ability to play live with no delay?

Jason

Hi,

Just adding more depth to Salvadore’s note:

Note: the recorded file will not be available until the live stream is unpublished

If the stream duration is longer than the time between starting live and starting at the first delay point you will have to segment the recording using LiveStreamRecord UI/API

An example would be streaming 1 hour behind the live source but the stream will last 2 hours. This can’t be done because the stream will not have finished recording and you can’t stream an incomplete file.

The LiveStreamRecord AddOn can segment a recording for you and you would then be able to add each segment that’s complete to the scheduler.

If needed the tutorial can be found here,

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-record-live-streams-httplivestreamrecord

If the stream duration is less than the time between starting live and starting at the first delay point you can use the method Salvadore suggested above.

Jason

i want to play the live stream as one stream and another one after 5-6 hours delay so that a different timed stream is also there. Like for 2-3 time zones.

How do i implement this?

Do i have to record this using DVR first .

Then schedule to play this using the server listener?

Is it how its going to work? Will it record indefinitely?

Hi there,

You can achieve this behavior with this server listener:

How to do scheduled streaming with Stream class streams (server listener)

Salvadore

If you just want to record the entire live stream you can use a StreamType of “live-record”, this will continue to record until the live stream is unpublished. It will save the file to [install-dir]/content.

From here you can access this file through the scheduler and publish it at a specified time.

(Note: the recorded file will not be available until the live stream is unpublished)

Salvadore