Thread: error message "Video packet sync issue"

Default error message "Video packet sync issue"

I can push from my live h.264 encoder through Wowza as a live stream and the video with audio plays fine in VLC player. When I push to a transrate application I see hundreds of "Video packet sync issue" errors in the console and the log as soon as the stream tries to start. This is Wowza prepetual 3.6.2 on Win 2008 x64 with 2 transcoder add-ons. I get the error using the default transrate template. How do I trouble shoot this issue?

Here are 2 lines from the log.

2013-07-02 14:50:53 EDT comment server INFO 200 - TranscoderSessionNative.loadLibrary: Load transcoder list: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.6.2/lib-native/win64/transcoder.list - - - 354.98 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2013-07-02 14:50:53 EDT comment server WARN 200 - LiveReceiver.startVideoPacket[live_origin_transrate/_definst_/camera02]: Video packet sync issue. - - - 354.98 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike,
    We'll need to take a closer look at this.
    Please send a zip of [install-dir]/conf [install-dir]/logs and [install-dir]/transcoder/templates directories. Provide details about the live encoder incl. manufacturer/version and exact encoding settings.
    Send to support@wowza.com
    and please reference this post in your email.

Daren
    Last edited by daren_j; 07-02-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Default Solved

Quote Originally Posted by daren_j View Post
    Hi Mike,
    We'll need to take a closer look at this.
    Please send a zip of [install-dir]/conf [install-dir]/logs and [install-dir]/transcoder/templates directories. Provide details about the live encoder incl. manufacturer/version and exact encoding settings.
    Send to support@wowza.com
    and please reference this post in your email.

Daren

Daren,
    Re-installing the prerequisites MS .NET Framework 3.5.1 and MS Desktop Experience on Win server 2008 fixed the errors and the Wowza Transcoder is working great.

Thanks,
    Mike