Thread: Playing videofiles by the VOD

Default Playing videofiles by the VOD

Hello.

I have licensed wowza server. I have folder "videos" with two mp4-files (Video1.mp4 and Video2.mp4) in [install-dir]/content.

I want to play these files by the VOD.
    I have an Application which has Grid with 2 items "Stream1" and "Stream2".

When I click position "Stream1" it used link http://localhost:1935/vod/_definst_/.../playlist.m3u8 and file Video1.mp4 startes play from the beginning.

When I click position "Stream2" it used link http://localhost:1935/vod/_definst_/.../playlist.m3u8 and file Video2.mp4 startes play from the beginning.

But when I click position "Stream1" again, Video1.mp4 doesn't continue playing from the last place and startes play from the beginning again.

So, this is my question: is it possible for VOD continue its playing that was started earlier without startes playing from the beginning of the file?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
    If you add the video on demand content to a scheduler it will play as a live stream (like a TV channel)
    More information on the schedulers can be found here,
    Application based scheduling
    Server based scheduling

If you want to play a video on demand file and it remember where you where last time you viewed the content you would have to write some custom code for tracking and remembering users. By default a session is destroyed when a client disconnects and when they reconnect a new session is created so Wowza has no idea if this person has viewed the stream before.

Should you need to contact a consultant for this, you can use our "find a consultant" forum found here,
    Find a consultant forum

Alternatively you can email support@wowza.com making a request for the independent consultants list.

Jason