Thread: Change location of files

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Change location of files

I looked through the documentation and could not find this.

Would it be possible to change the location from where the video is played per video?

Use case: based on the supplied streamName and query string I get the details of the video from an external API. In this details is the location of the MP4 file on disk. How can I play the file from this location? I want to use it in combination with AMLST.

2. Default

If all video files have the same ancestor directory somewhere up in the folder structure, then this shouldn't be a problem since you simply specify the relative folder in the stream URL.

Quote Originally Posted by karelboek View Post
    If all video files have the same ancestor directory somewhere up in the folder structure, then this shouldn't be a problem since you simply specify the relative folder in the stream URL.
    I get that, but that would not be my ideal solution. If there's no other way I will probably do this with symbolic links. But I prefer specifying the complete path.

4. Default

How about a custom MediaReader?

You can use MediaCache. Take a look at the /conf/MediaCache.xml /MediaCacheSource named "Disk Media Cache". You would make one of those for each location.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    You can use MediaCache. Take a look at the /conf/MediaCache.xml /MediaCacheSource named "Disk Media Cache". You would make one of those for each location.

Richard
    Does MediaCache also provide a solution for changing the file location per request?

What I want to do:
    - Client request a VOD-stream with some parameters
    - I use the parameters to request the location of the file from an external source (HTTP-API)
    - If stream can be found in the external API the returned filename should be played.

Should I use MediaCache for this or is there another way to implement this?

I am already doing this for adaptive bitrate streaming via AMLST but I also want to do it for normal streaming.