Thread: Livestreamrecord webpage login - how to | Newbie

Default Livestreamrecord webpage login - how to | Newbie

Hi,

I hired a Wowza recommended developer through Elance to build me a custom AMI using EC2 3.5.1.01 build3741. The goal was to be able to record livestreams and have them automatically dumped into my S3 bucket (which it does). The problem is, the Wowza instance automatically begins recording as soon as I begin broadcasting.

I need control over when i begin recording. I've read that there's a way to log into the server and get to a webpage where I can manually control (start/stop) the recording of the server.

Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Also, will I have to have my developer "undo" something so that the AMI doesn't automatically record, before I can login and have manual record control?

I've tried logging into my server using this url: http://ec2-XX-XX-XXX-XX.us-west-1.co...ord/index.html
    but when I try to login using a user name of wowza and my instance ID it fails.

I admit that I'm not sure I have a good grasp of how all of this is supposed to work.

Lastly, most ideally, I'd like to be able to use the record button in Wirecast on a Mac to control the server start/stop record feature but I'm told that's not possible. I'd be glad to be wrong or to learn how I can add some parameters to Wirecast to control server side recording.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

The way how to access and use the Live Stream Record feature is explained in this article: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?123
    To set the web interface login and password, you will have to connect to your Amazon EC2 instance and specify a username and password for authentication in the [install-dir]/conf/admin.password file.

I'm not sure you can control the server record functionality from your Wirecast encoder, but you could develop an application that would send an HTTP request to the LiveStreamRecord module to start/stop a specific recording. The Live Stream Record module also can accept URL queries for starting and stopping the recordings. Please see this particular section from the Live Stream record forum article.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by zoran_u View Post
    Hi,

The way how to access and use the Live Stream Record feature is explained in this article: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?123
    To set the web interface login and password, you will have to connect to your Amazon EC2 instance and specify a username and password for authentication in the [install-dir]/conf/admin.password file.

I'm not sure you can control the server record functionality from your Wirecast encoder, but you could develop an application that would send an HTTP request to the LiveStreamRecord module to start/stop a specific recording. The Live Stream Record module also can accept URL queries for starting and stopping the recordings. Please see this particular section from the Live Stream record forum article.

Regards.
    I appreciate your response. However it leaves me with another question: how do I connect to my Amazon EC2 instance in order to specify a username and password? What is the default login info for an EC2 instance?

Hi,

During the EC2 instance creation process, Amazon is providing an access key which you need to connect to your instance.
    Please take a look at this Wowza for EC2 user guide http://www.wowza.com/resources/Wowza...UsersGuide.pdf

Regards.