Thread: Recording Audio to MP3

Default Recording Audio to MP3

Hi everyone,

I am able to record audio to an .flv file, but is it possible to record to an MP3 or would I have to use an external service to convert?

Thanks!

Hi there,
    You can't record to mp3 container, but when you record to mp4 container the audio track will be mp3.

to do this you need to prefix your stream in your encoder with mp4, like this:
    mp4:streamName

Salvadore

Just tried that, and now the audio disappears but the file still gets saved (and gets saved to .mp4, which is great). Do you have any idea why that happens?

What audio settings are you using in the encoder?

Salvadore

Thanks for the help salvadore. I'm quite a newbie to this stuff, and I'm not too sure what you mean. I'm using the /vod application and modified one of the default examples (webcamrecording), and took out the video. Where do I see/change the audio settings in the encoder?

Can you please explain in as much detail as you can; what you are trying to do and what you have done already?

Also, take a look at the quick start guide:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ck-start-guide

Salvadore

I am trying to make an audio recorder. We are using Wami (https://code.google.com/p/wami-recorder/) right now and it is encountering a lot of problems, possibly due to our load. I've used Wowza for video/webcam recording before and it worked well, so I'd like to use it again for an audio recording solution.

Essentially, I'm embedding Flash (.swf) onto a page and the user can click to record. Everything works well with .flv. After reading your first suggestion above, I changed the stream name to include "mp4:" at the beginning and tested it. The file gets saved as a .mp4 as expected, but there is no audio inside. It still works fine as a .flv

Thanks again!