Thread: Can't Connect To VOD With JWPlayer 5 on Windows Intranet

Default Can't Connect To VOD With JWPlayer 5 on Windows Intranet

I have had great luck with Wowza VOD for a over a year now on Linux over the internet. But I just started a project on a Windows intranet and here is what is happening.

I am able to connect and play with RTMP using the included Flash VOD application that comes with Wowza. I am also able to connect to [ip address]/vod:1935 and see that Wowza is running. But when I use the same JWPlayer code that has worked like a charm for over a year on my Linux internet based installation, I get a "Can't connect to the application error".

Because all else seems to work it seems like it must be a JWPlayer issue but I have tried different variations of code as well as version 6 with no luck.

Any ideas?

Hi,

The access log should show you the application JWPlayer is connecting to, perhaps it is a typo, perhaps you have not created the applications/<app name> ?

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_k View Post
    Hi,

The access log should show you the application JWPlayer is connecting to, perhaps it is a typo, perhaps you have not created the applications/<app name> ?

Andrew
    Sorry, my original post did have a typo. This is the address I am trying to connect to.

rtmp://[ip address]:1935/vod

The Wowza Flash test form is working fine so I assumed that would mean the VOD application is working. Is that not right?

Basically, I am using the VOD application that is installed with the Wowza installation.

Could there be any security reason that would cause this to happen on a Windows intranet?