I have had great luck with Wowza VOD for a over a year now on Linux over the internet. But I just started a project on a Windows intranet and here is what is happening.
I am able to connect and play with RTMP using the included Flash VOD application that comes with Wowza. I am also able to connect to [ip address]/vod:1935 and see that Wowza is running. But when I use the same JWPlayer code that has worked like a charm for over a year on my Linux internet based installation, I get a "Can't connect to the application error".
Because all else seems to work it seems like it must be a JWPlayer issue but I have tried different variations of code as well as version 6 with no luck.