Thread: Playlist Request API Configuration

Default Playlist Request API Configuration

(No one answered on the Article page in the comments, so I'm duplicating the post, will delete it after I get answer on either side)

Using Wowza 3.6.2
    1. created application named Demo (live application with dvr enabled) it is working and recording.
    2. Added the Properties under DVR/Properties (rebooted the server to take effect)

<!--DVR Delegate-->
    <Property>
    	<Name>dvrPlaylistRequestDelegate</Name> 
    	<Class>com.myserverdns.wms.dvr.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate</Class>
    </Property>

<Property>
    	<Name>dvrPlaylistDurationQueryParameter</Name>
    	<Value>wowzadvrplaylistduration</Value>
    </Property>	
    <Property>
    	<Name>dvrPlaylistStartQueryParameter</Name>
    	<Value>wowzadvrplayliststart</Value>
    </Property>	
    <Property>
    	<Name>dvrDebugPlaylistRequest</Name>
    	<Value>true</Value>
    	<Type>Boolean</Type>
    </Property>	
    <!--DVR Delegate-->
    The package com.myserverdns.wms.dvr is inside mainStreamApi.jar (this is the module that contains all the code - everything else works inside), so this setup is ok.
    The new build of the .jar is on the server and rebooted to take effect.

When I request a playlist from Wowza with this link
    http://myserverdns:1935/Demo/livestr...duration=10000
    It is returning the playlist but nothing in this custom delegate is called (I've put loggers to get any info), it is using the default wowza delegate I guess, because when there is nothing in the dvr/properties in the application it is providing the same playlist.

The code inside DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate is the same as provided on this article the Example Delegate.

Where is the problem located in my configuration or the Wowza version? How can I get this to work?

Regards,

Is this on a production server that you moved your .jar to, or a development machine.

If the former, check the versions of Wowza and Java. The production server should be running the same or later versions compared to development of both.

Richard

This is on a development server, I still can't get this to work on the development server so I haven't move to the production. The setup is as before, if I put the default delegate in the Application

<Property>
    	<Value>com.wowza.wms.dvr.impl.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate</Value>
    </Property>
    The wowza is returning the requested playlist (with start and duration) - the default one works.

When changed to mine custom delegate

<Property>
    	<Class>com.myserverdns.wms.dvr.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate</Class>
    </Property>
    The playlist is not returned with the start and duration attributes, the delegate is not active.
    There is nothing in the error log indicating that the class is not found or anything.

Is my setup ok? The delegate class is inside the .jar file which is the main module base class (again the code in this class works)

<Module>
    	<Name>MainModule</Name> 
    	<Description>Connection Module</Description> 
    	<Class>com.myserverdns.wms.dvr.ConnectionModule</Class> 
    </Module>
    Last edited by pirateMan; 07-18-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Is there any messages in the access log about failure to load this module?

Is there a .jar file in the /lib folder named [project-name].jar that is recently modified? If not, have you installed new version of Wowza since creating that project?

Richard

This is from the access log, when the default wowza delegate is activated in the Application.xml

2013-07-19	11:16:33	CEST	comment	server	INFO	200	-	DvrStreamManagerBase.initProperties[Demo/_definst_/livestream_500.sdp] : {Properties: dvrPlaylistDurationQueryParameter: "wowzadvrplaylistduration", repeaterChunkCount: 3, dvrPlaylistRequestDelegate: "com.wowza.wms.dvr.impl.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate", maxChunkCount: 4, dvrPlaylistStartQueryParameter: "wowzadvrplayliststart", playlistChunkCount: 3, dvrDebugPlaylistRequest: false, chunkDurationTarget: 5000, isDvrPacketizer: true}	-	-	-	6.289	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
    You can see that the delegate is imported without problems.

This is the same record from the access log when my custom delegate is activated in the Application.xml

2013-07-19	11:11:31	CEST	comment	server	INFO	200	-	DvrStreamManagerBase.initProperties[Demo/_definst_/livestream_500.sdp] : {Properties: dvrPlaylistDurationQueryParameter: "wowzadvrplaylistduration", repeaterChunkCount: 3, maxChunkCount: 4, dvrPlaylistStartQueryParameter: "wowzadvrplayliststart", playlistChunkCount: 3, dvrDebugPlaylistRequest: false, chunkDurationTarget: 5000, isDvrPacketizer: true}	-	-	-	6.242	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
    There are the same parameters but the delegate is nowhere to be seen.

From the error log there is nothing else just my logger to check that there is the new version uploaded and the module is loaded.
    ERROR	server	comment	2013-07-19	11:16:32	-	-	-	-	-	5.413	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	//-- -- -- -- -- --(@DevCode)New version ConnectionModule.java-- -- -- -- -- --//
    ERROR	server	comment	2013-07-19	11:16:32	-	-	-	-	-	5.413	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	(@DevCode)DEBUG onAppStart ppName: Demo
    ERROR	server	comment	2013-07-19	11:16:32	-	-	-	-	-	5.414	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	//-- -- -- -- -- --(@DevCode)(End)New version ConnectionModule.java -- -- -- --//

Okay, well, I can't really help directly with your custom version. It is working with the example, so all I can suggest is to revert to that, and modify that, slowly, with a lot of testing. If you need more direct help, you can post in the Find a Consultant forum, or write to support@wowza.com to ask for the list of independent consultants.

Richard