Thread: Flash Media Live Encoder and PushPublish issue

Default Flash Media Live Encoder and PushPublish issue

When I have a user pushing stream from FMLE , I validate the schedule and in onpublish method avoid pushing to Flash Media Server if user has exceeded provided time period . FMLE keeps trying to reconnect the stream and fails . Still Wowza server continuously publishes stream to the Flash server. Even if I end FMLE still push from wowza continues .

I see in wowza logs I See PushPublisherRTMP.sendPackets[rtmp:// . Only way I can stop wowza to push to FMS is restarting wowza server . How do I solve this ?
    Last edited by sdabhi; 07-15-2013 at 01:35 PM.

You would need to modify some of your custom code to shutdown the push publishing event when the source is disconnected or the schedule period is over.

I already have added custom code which simply returns in OnPublish inside pushPublish module . Still for some reason I keep seeing PushPublisherRTMP.sendPacket in logs . How do I get notified in pushPublisher that the origin stream has ended ? May be my pushPublisher never gets onUnPublish ? onPublish gets called only on publish but there might be some other event that I can use to stop the publishing ? Even if the method returns I still see PushPublisherRTMP.sendPacket for stream untill I restart wowza.

public void onPublish(IMediaStream stream, String streamName, boolean isRecord, boolean isAppend)
    WMSLoggerFactory.getLogger(null).info("Loading Publish Process....." + streamName);
    IApplicationInstance appInstance = stream.getStreams().getAppInstance();

if(isScheduleValid()) {
    WMSLoggerFactory.getLogger(null).info("PushPublisher : Schedule is not valid for ");
    PushPublisherRTMP publisher = new PushPublisherRTMP();

// Source stream
    //......set all parameters for FMS to publish
    publishers.put(stream, publisher);

public void onUnPublish(IMediaStream stream, String streamName, boolean isRecord, boolean isAppend)
    Last edited by sdabhi; 07-16-2013 at 06:18 AM.