Wowza Community

Live stream HLS repeat stream in a duration (not live)

Hi,

My server is running Wowza 3.6.2 with a live application (rtmp & hls cuppertino).

Everything’ve working fine. But recently, I notice some customers complaint that HLS stream (their iOS devices) just repeat in a duration while RTMP stream is just fine.

For example, my channel has a time bar on it that show the current time. At 10:00pm, using PC (RTMP) the stream show exactly 10:00PM, but using HLS (iOS devices) the stream show 02:00pm and just repeat in 30 seconds continuously. This problem happens even I use the same or different source for RTMP & HLS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

Hi,

Di you also open a support ticket about this problem?

The “Over flush iteration limit” warning message from the logs you have sent is caused by a flush iteration problem (reset packetizer when artificially hit chunk end) which was fixed in the latest Wowza 3.6.2 patch6.

The instructions and the files needed for the update are available here: https://www.wowza.com/docs/wowza-streaming-engine-software-updates

Regards,

Zoran

Does the Application.xml /LiveStreamPacketizers setting include “cupertinostreamingpacketizer” ? Sounds like it might not.

Richard