Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cannot install wowza

Default cannot install wowza

i got wowza working on my windows 8 then i discovered that wirecast is not compatible with windows8

so i installed on windows 7 and it keeps on asking for java_home i have the latest java 7 installed fine but wowza will not startup

i decided to uninstall wowza but somehow i dont think it uninstalled properly and now when i try to reinstall it says the following message

unable to save file: C:\Windows\Downloaded Installations\{6EF8D73D-C5B7-BLA-BLA-DFGHRHRHR
    Access is denied

Hi,
    Go back into Add/Remove programs and see if Wowza Media server still shows up there. If it does try removing it again.
    If that's successful try the re-installation again.

If it's not in Add/Remove programs, you need to browse to the location that the error messages gives you:

C:\Windows\Downloaded Installations
    And look for a folder named {6EF8D73D-C5B7-BLA-BLA-DFGHRHRHR}
    and remove that folder.

Then try the re-installation of Wowza.

See how that goes.

If you run into the Java home problem again, take a look at this guide:

How to troubleshoot Java installation problems

Daren
    Last edited by daren_j; 07-16-2013 at 07:47 PM.

hi i have finally got it working, is it possible i could extend my trial as i couldnt get it working for 2 weeks

i need a little help setting wowza up with the following encoder in youtube video below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6autUOmyU

i have set it up to send a live test.flv file into the live folder

but i can only play it in rtmp format, i want to play it in http,rtsp maybe or other formats but cannot do this?

regards mike

Hi,
    For configuring an application in Wowza for live streaming using a RTMP based encoder you can follow this guide,
    Live streaming using a RTMP based encoder

In the guide above you will configure an application for live streaming which will be able to stream to RTMP clients, HTTP clients and RTSP clients.
    Please ensure the source stream is encoded with H.264 video and either MP3 or AAC audio for compatibility with HTTP clients.

Regarding the extension of your trial license I recommend you open a ticket with sales@wowza.com

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Hi,
    For configuring an application in Wowza for live streaming using a RTMP based encoder you can follow this guide,
    Live streaming using a RTMP based encoder

In the guide above you will configure an application for live streaming which will be able to stream to RTMP clients, HTTP clients and RTSP clients.
    Please ensure the source stream is encoded with H.264 video and either MP3 or AAC audio for compatibility with HTTP clients.

Regarding the extension of your trial license I recommend you open a ticket with sales@wowza.com

Jason

thanks for pointing me in right direction , i can get the rtmp stream or a vod sample to play no problem,but when it comes to a live stream using wirecast and the video tutorial also this link http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....a-Media-Server I cannot get it to work at all

i am getting this error message

warn server comment mediareader h264.open[live/_definst_]: not found: C:/program files (x86)/wowza media systems/wowza media server 3.62/content/myStream

i have changed the application file to become live in the stream type i have opened port 1935 using tcp to my pc still to no avail

i am using http://mywanip:1935/live/myStream/playlist.m3u8 in my iphone through safari to test but no luck

Hi,
    Did you restart Wowza after making the changes to the Application.xml?
    If you could try restarting and get back to me posting the Application.xml here that would be great.

If you could also type ["CODE"] at the start of the Application.xml without the two " and [/CODE] at the end of the Application.xml that will make it easier to read.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by JasonH; 07-24-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Hi,
    Did you restart Wowza after making the changes to the Application.xml?
    If you could try restarting and get back to me posting the Application.xml here that would be great.

If you could also type ["CODE"] at the start of the Application.xml without the two " and [/CODE] at the end of the Application.xml that will make it easier to read.

Thanks,
    Jason

hi i did restart wowza having shut it down first ....... here is code from LOG saying same thing

here is also a link to my current application.xml file http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/lj2p99...pplication.xml

["CODE"]114.583 - - - - - - - - MediaReaderH264.open[live/_definst_]: Not found: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.6.2/content/myStream.
    WARN server comment 2013-07-24 15:46:08 - - - - - 116.387 - - - - - - - - MediaReaderH264.open[live/_definst_]: Not found: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.6.2/content/myStream.
    WARN server comment 2013-07-24 15:46:35 - - - - - 142.777 - - - - - - - - MediaReaderH264.open[live/_definst_]: Not found: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.6.2/content/myStream.["CODE"]

regards

ok i have managed to get it working

problem i have now is when i play a file it is playing it out of sync or image freezes. this is however through vlc 2.07. am i right in thinking vlc transcoding is rubbish and especially if you do it on the same machine you are running wowza?? is it worth trying older versions of vlc?

Hi,
    I know you said earlier that you were testing playback on an iOS device, does it playback ok on the iOS device?
    We're you playing the stream in VLC using the rtsp url or HLS url or both?
    Either should work in VLC, but just wanted to know if one was more problematic than the other.
    VLC is a very good rtsp player, and is gradually becoming a good HLS player.
    It is possible that running everything under one machine might cause glitches and such, bu that would depend
    on the machines performance. But could point to another issue too.
    See what happens with a remote player test as I mentioned above.

Daren

Quote Originally Posted by daren_j View Post
    Hi,
    I know you said earlier that you were testing playback on an iOS device, does it playback ok on the iOS device?
    We're you playing the stream in VLC using the rtsp url or HLS url or both?
    Either should work in VLC, but just wanted to know if one was more problematic than the other.
    VLC is a very good rtsp player, and is gradually becoming a good HLS player.
    It is possible that running everything under one machine might cause glitches and such, bu that would depend
    on the machines performance. But could point to another issue too.
    See what happens with a remote player test as I mentioned above.

Daren
    sorry what i meant was i used vlc in terms of getting a stream from my capture card then transcoding it through vlc via the mpegts.stream to wowza using stream manager..i am thinking this is causing the probs with freezing maybe....(i have a reasonable pc its AMD X4 Raid" AMD X4 640 3.0GHz DDR3 Quad Core Gaming System with 8gig of ram

i am using playback on a android iptv app also the rtmp or http example players that come with wowza ...they all seem to freeze a little

need some advice what is the best server to get eg proliant g6? what specs also do i need a expensive cisco router

or will setting up wowza with origin/edge way the way to go? if you have 100 clients +?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast