Thread: security

Default security

I have an application of type liverepeater-edge.

People are using my server to restream by rtmp://myserver.com/mylivestreamApp/myInst/rtmp://theirserver/theirapp/theirStream

Whats the best way stopping this? I understand it can be deflected with stream alias. But turn this off at the server level? Clearly I do want to be able to connect to my origins.

iptables?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

Take a look at the "Securing the origin" section of the Live Stream Repeater Guide

Richard

@rrlanham

If we have 1 origin running wowza server 3.1.1 , another origin running 3.5.2, another origin running 3.6.2 and then our edges both running 3.1.1 how shall we proceed to "securing the origin/edge" ? as i believe in the Live Stream Repeater Guide you linked us there is a different process to set up tokenization for 3.5 and later and 3.1.2 and earlier.

How can we approach securing the wowza origins and edges when they are running different versions? Shall we just follow the process for each different version and it will just work?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew,

The origin and edge servers should be the same version, there may problems otherwise. I highly recommend you reconcile versions. If not possible, you will just have to use the different methods for the different versions. As for security, I think it should work. If the edge is using the security plugin and enables SecureToken, that should work with a newer origin that is using the built-in security.

Richard