Thread: mux audio and video

Default mux audio and video

I have an Axis m3007 which is my video input. The audio is coming from an axis p8221. I need to either mux, or stream synced, the audio and video to an end user. I found a couple of post in the forum but nothing clear. Is there a way to combine these two streams?

The simplest solution is client-side in a RTMP client: Either a player with two NetStreams, or a page with two instances of a player like JW Player or Flowplayer, one playing the video and the other playing the audio. If exact sync is a requirement, you will have to test to see if that will work.

It might be possible server-side in Wowza, but there are not any examples of that. You might request the list of independent consultants by writing to support@wowza.com to see if anyone is interested in taking that on. I think there has been some work on that among them.

Otherwise, you might find something else in-between. I took a look at VLC as an option, but it does not seem to have that capability.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    The simplest solution is client-side in a RTMP client: Either a player with two NetStreams, or a page with two instances of a player like JW Player or Flowplayer, one playing the video and the other playing the audio. If exact sync is a requirement, you will have to test to see if that will work.

It might be possible server-side in Wowza, but there are not any examples of that. You might request the list of independent consultants by writing to support@wowza.com to see if anyone is interested in taking that on. I think there has been some work on that among them.

Otherwise, you might find something else in-between. I took a look at VLC as an option, but it does not seem to have that capability.

Richard
    Thanks Richard. Unfortunately I don't have time or money for a consultant.

I'd try the dual stream idea but the end user is suppose to be able to use nDVR to scrub the audio and video so I think it has to be one stream.

Anyone else have an idea?

Richard. If use the mux functionality of vlc would this possibly work? I've posted on the VLC forums but I'm wondering what capability it might be lacking that I would need other than muxing?

I don't know, I haven't used that. You will have to try it. Would be interested to know how it goes.

Richard