Wowza Community

How to make my video not downloadable

i a set up my wowza server. i start to upload my videos. i am using rtmp protocol to wath my video “rtmp://wowza adress/vod/”. there is any problem video’s are watched, but i notice users can download my video, i dont want to this. i want users able to watch the videos only. what can i do?

Have a look at this article:

How to combat hotlinking your Adobe Flash SWF file

Salvadore

You must have made your Application.xml /Streams /StorageDir empty, because Wowza is looking for the .smil file here:

/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/applications/vod/streams

Which is where a Wowza application looks for content when StorageDir is empty (it is the old FMS standard path).

If you have the .smil in the [install-dir]/content folder, then you either need to point to that in the Application.xml /Streams /StorageDir (as it was in the original file), or put the .smil and the files where Wowza is looking for it: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/applications/vod/streams

Richard

Wowza is looking in this folder:

/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/applications/vod/streams/definst

Richard

You have to follow the guidance in the Security Overview to enable SecureToken with RTMPE or RTMPS

Richard

SecureToken works without RTMPE but it is not as secure.

Richard

Do you have requireSecureConnection enabled? You are not using RTMPE, so if you have requireSecureConnection enabled, the connection will fail unless you are using RTMPE or RTMPS. So try change rtmp:// to rtmpe://

Richard

Let me take a closer look. I know you are making a lot of changes, but I need to see a snapshot of what you are doing. So, re-start Wowza, then playback one of the individual streams in your secured player, then playback the smil. Also download a stream in this test.

Then zip up and send /conf folder and the current access log showing the above re-start and tests to support@wowza.com. Please be sure the /conf folder you send is unaltered after this test, what you send should be exactly what was in place during the test.

Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

Also see this article:

How to protect RTMP streaming using SecureToken (ModuleSecureToken)

Salvadore

You want to set a path. By default it is:

<StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content</StorageDir>

With this path you will need to put the movie file and .smil file in the [install-dir]/content folder.

Also, the hotlink denial module keeps people from embedding your video into their own website but to keep them from downloading the video file, you will need to use the SecureToken module.

Salvadore

Hi thanks for answer. i did you say. But my videos arent playable anymore. i look the log file and i see at the and of file

Filename.smil open: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/applications/vod/streams/definst/Filename.smil (No such file or directory)

what is the meanning of that?

i used smil file play each video file. it was working but now not working.

My smil file is

Thank for answer Richard.

My Application.xml is

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys

like that. and i copy the smil and mp4 file to /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/applications/vod/streams folder my videos are’nt played

Have a look at this article:

How to combat hotlinking your Adobe Flash SWF file

Salvadore

i did all of i read but what’s wrong my videos are not streaming. is rtmp right way to mp4 stream?

i m sorry Richard.

i copy videos are smil files to /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/applications/vod/streams/definst folder i can watch the videos but still videos are downloadable with download manager

Thanks for your answer

You have to follow the guidance in the Security Overview to enable SecureToken with RTMPE or RTMPS

Richard

i dont have rtmpe module because i’m using wowza trial version 1 month. can i use SecureToken with rtmp?

i solved the problem

my videos are i not downloadble anymore.

But when i use this smil code my videos are downladable again

i used secureconnection before but now i disable. i solved my problem but i have a new problem i wrote above. Please help for this

Thanks. i send an e-mail to support@wowza.com i will add link conf and log file link

i can stream this code my video

jwplayer(‘player_362’).setup({

file:“rtmpe://93.186.117.12:1935/vod/Geometri_Seyit_Kaya_01_Acilar.mp4”,

width: “920”,

height: “518”,

image: “jwplayer/preview.png”,

autostart: “false”,

aboutlink:“http://www.arkeuzaktanegitim.com.tr”,

abouttext:“Arke Uzaktan Eğitim”,

});

// ]]>

But i’cant stream use this code