Thread: Lag, the most hideous time wasting lag

Default Lag, the most hideous time wasting lag

I'll admit with wowza I'm in-experienced and I'm learning as I go. I come from a WMS / IIS background so I've learnt while hitting the ground running.

But with live streams I'm experiencing lag of around 30 - 45 seconds, and I read posts on here about people with a second worth of lag and trying to improve it. I must be missing a tick here.

In my development environment I have a dedicated 2012 server, 6GB RAM, Quad Core 2.8 Ghz Intel running Wowza. Latest JRE installed running with the performance tuning tips as mentioned here (http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....general-tuning)

In my live app config file I'm in mode "rtp-live-lowlatency".

On my development machine (separate to the server) I've tried Flash Live Encoder, Wirecast and the iPhone app, all have the same latency issue (30 - 45 seconds) regardless of the encode parameters. (low -> high). The two machines are on the same switch.

The server isn't sweating it at all performance wise, nether is my development machine.

I must be doing something / setting something incredibly silly. Can you give me a pointer?

Damo

I should mention I'm using Silverlight Microsoft Media Platform Player Framework

Take a look at this article on Sanjose Packetization Paramameters

Try making your stream key frame frequency 1 second, and sanjoseChunkDurationTarget "1000"

Richard

Thank you, there is a definite workable improvement.