Wowza Community

Streaming problems with AXIS M3204 IP camera

Hi There

I have AXIS M3204 IP camera and I am trying to restream from wowza server. I followed https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming but when I try to play the stream with Wowza server using vlc, it says unable to play.

I can play raw rtsp H.264 stream coming from IP camera on the server using vlc and I double checked the codecs it was coming fine as H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10.

Again I re-encoded the rtsp streaming coming from IP camera using FFMPEG into H.264/MPEG-4 and asked wowza server to stream it worked.

But I can not use this work around because I have to restream almost 120 IP cameras.

I am using windows 2012 server for wowza server hosting.

I have another installation of wowza developer version on my macbook pro, with same configuration I was able to re-stream from my macbook.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Nirbhay K

I am in little urgency here. Please Help.

Hi There

I have AXIS M3204 IP camera and I am trying to restream from wowza server. I followed https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming but when I try to play the stream with Wowza server using vlc, it says unable to play.

I can play raw rtsp H.264 stream coming from IP camera on the server using vlc and I double checked the codecs it was coming fine as H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10.

Again I re-encoded the rtsp streaming coming from IP camera using FFMPEG into H.264/MPEG-4 and asked wowza server to stream it worked.

But I can not use this work around because I have to restream almost 120 IP cameras.

I am using windows 2012 server for wowza server hosting.

I have another installation of wowza developer version on my macbook pro, with same configuration I was able to re-stream from my macbook.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Nirbhay K

I am prompted for a username and password when I try to stream from that camera in VLC. You can add those inline in the URL like this:

rtsp://richard:myPwd@sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com:554/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&streamprofile=low

You mentioned FFmpeg in the first post, that should not be necessary with this camera, but it doesn’t look like it is involved in the log messages.

Richard

I am getting camera timeout for no reason. I am able to play camera in vlc.

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.streamTimeout[15993943:live/definst:camer

a.stream]: timeout:12000 diff:12002 reason:101

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.resetConnection[15993943:live/definst:cam

era.stream]:

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.closeRTPSession[15993943:live/definst:cam

era.stream]

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.close clo

seSession

INFO stream unpublish camera.stream -

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.onClose

INFO stream destroy camera.stream -

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com

:554/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&streamprofile=low]: 0:true

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[15993943:live/definst:camera.

stream]: start: 27

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com:55

4/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&streamprofile=low]: 1

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.buildSDPD

ata: sessionId:882BCCF6 sessionTimeout:60000

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[live/

definst]: RTSP/RTP re-streaming. Success, received SDP data.

INFO stream create - -

INFO stream publish camera.stream -

stream]: done: 27

INFO server comment - senderReport[RTP-Info]: seq:53465 time:1704685683 url:rtsp

://sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com:554/axis-media/media.amp/trackID=1?videocodec=h264

&streamprofile=low

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.streamTimeout[15993943:live/definst:camer

a.stream]: timeout:12000 diff:12001 reason:101

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.resetConnection[15993943:live/definst:cam

era.stream]:

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.closeRTPSession[15993943:live/definst:cam

era.stream]

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.close clo

seSession

INFO stream unpublish camera.stream -

INFO stream destroy camera.stream -

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com

stream]: start: 28

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com:55

4/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&streamprofile=low]: 1

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.buildSDPD

ata: sessionId:7C6FB305 sessionTimeout:60000

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[live/

INFO stream create - -

stream]: done: 28

INFO server comment - senderReport[RTP-Info]: seq:44788 time:1554642784 url:rtsp

://sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com:554/axis-media/media.amp/trackID=1?videocodec=h264

&streamprofile=low

My Stream url is below and its there in camera.stream file

rtsp://root:pass@sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com:554/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&streamprofile=low

According to debug logs I think its going though auth process as well.

ata: sessionId:A8C94283 sessionTimeout:60000

INFO stream create - -

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.send: com

mand:PLAY

PLAY rtsp://sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com:554/axis-media/media.amp/ RTSP/1.0

Session: A8C94283

CSeq: 5

Authorization: Digest username=“root”, realm=“AXIS_00408CE9552A”, nonce="0000145

eY1152170cd9f8dd86bd69cd0efaa82ac4d9d6d", uri="/axis-media/media.amp/", response

="416b0853f818bb7275343ec471349fbe"

Range: npt=0.000-

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[2181922:live/definst:camera.s

tream]: done: 54

INFO server comment - *** RTSPMessageReceive ***

RTSP/1.0 200 OK

response: OK

protocol: RTSP/1.0

range: npt=0-

session: A8C94283

cseq: 5

date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 10:24:02 GMT

uri: RTSP/1.0 200 OK

rtp-info: url=rtsp://sandeeppatil.dlinkddns.com:554/axis-media/media.amp/trackID

=1?videocodec=h264&streamprofile=low;seq=26466;rtptime=1996794073

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.processRe

sponse: command:PLAY response:RTSP/1.0 200 OK status:200 handled:false

INFO server comment - senderReport[RTP-Info]: seq:26466 time:1996794073 url:rtsp

&streamprofile=low

Do you guys need my windows 2012 server creds. I can give you in private message. I really need to sort this problem out ASAP

I disabled windows firewall and everything started working.

Strange but even on firewall turned on I was able to play stream in vlc but Wowza was not able to restream.

Turning off firewall resolved the issue for me.

You can use the RTMP client running directly on the Axis camera. See http://camstreamer.com