Thread: Behavior of DvrPlaylistRequest.setPlaylistStart depends on stream is live or not

1. Default Behavior of DvrPlaylistRequest.setPlaylistStart depends on stream is live or not

I've created a dvrPlaylistRequestDelegate that return a UTC time based request as shown in the article ( However, the setPlaylistStart command behaves differently dependent on whether the stream is live or not. In both cases, the start of the available content is set to the date I provide, but:

- If the stream is NOT live, it'll play from the start of the available content
    - If the stream is live, it'll play the live stream (even though it's possible to rewind to the start)

How can I achieve that the player will always start playing from the provided date and time, even if the stream is live?

what you mention means your delegate is not working. That's the standard behavior of nDVR when delegate is not used. I've my own delegate using UTC as well, and I can playback any extract whether stream is live or not. You need to do a debug of your delegate through IDE. Remember nDVR uses server time as timestamp for nDVR. Is your server time correct?

3. Default

thanks for your reply. I'll debug through IDE. Any chance to obtain the source code of your module so that I can try to find what I'm doing wrong? Yes, my server time is correctly set to CEST, the same time zone as on my test machine.

I won't be able to send you my source code. We use our modules for multiple purposes and they are commercially available through our consultant services
    if you send me yours, I might be able to take a look adhoc

5. Default

Thank you for the offer; if you send me your email address, I'll send you the code that I have so far.