Thread: Error message while transcoding mpeg2

Question Error message while transcoding mpeg2

Hi,

Wowza instance stopped automatically. When I checked log I say whole error log filled by below error message. Can anyone tell what does it means. And was that the cause for Wowza to stop working automatically. When I restarted Wowza it started fine...

221 Avail: 183
    ERROR server comment 2013-08-05 20:52:55 - - - - - 41477.793 - - - - - - - - [liveorigin/_definst_/channel13.stream]: MPEG2Packet.payloadRead: Attempt to Skip more than available. Requested: 232 Avail: 183
    ERROR server comment 2013-08-05 20:52:55 - - - - - 41477.982 - - - - - - - - [liveorigin/_definst_/channel14.stream]: MPEG2Packet.payloadRead: Attempt to Skip more than available. Requested: 218 Avail: 170

Thanks,
    Birendra
    Last edited by dhamibirendra; 08-06-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: info added

Birendra,

I don't think I have seen this before. Zip up /conf and recent access and error logs that have this error and send to support@wowza.com

Tell us what you are doing. And include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

3. Default

Did you find out what this message is about and why Wowza has sudden stops? I have exactly the same issues on a server I set up ...

Hi,
    Although we have been unable to reproduce the exact same issue we think this could be down to the server being overloaded.
    Do you have any other other messages in the error.log file?

I recommend that you also open a ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com.
    When sending your email, please attach a zipped copy of the [Wowza-Install]/conf and [Wowza-Install]/logs for analysis.

Many thanks
    Jason

5. Default

Hi, I faced the same error with wowza 3.6.2. I used to work with wowza for a long time and this is the first time I see this error. It didn't cause wowza to stop working but some streams stopped and after restarting wowza, every thing is ok.

I think you will need to open a support ticket so the team can get a better look at what is going on order to provide an answer.

Please zip up your /conf and /logs folders and send them to support@wowza.com to open a ticket.

Thank you.

Andy_E