Thread: OnWriteComplete returns incorrect file(name) w/versioning

1. Default OnWriteComplete returns incorrect file(name) w/versioning

StreamType is "live-record" and in the Application.xml under Streams/Properties/Property, the versionFile property is set True. In my contents folder I've already a file named "mystream.flv", so when I start the stream, a new file is created "mystream_0.flv". So far everything OK.

But in my module I implement the IMediaWriterActionNotify.onWriteComplete(IMediaStream stream, File file), and this method returns the wrong file. If I ask for file.getName(), the result is "mystream.flv", not "mystream_0.flv". Is this by design, or is it a bug?

The current or more recent file has the base name. You can rename it when you move it.

Richard

3. Default

Thanks for your response, but I don't quite understand. Shouldn't the File object that is passed to OnWriteComplete contain the file that was just recorded - and thus have the filename "mystream_0.flv" and not "mystream.flv"? As it's now, the File object always points to "mystream.flv" regardless of the versioning.

FYI: I don't want to move the file, the only thing my module does is notify a third party proxy about the availability of the file.

mystream_0.flv is not the current recording, that is what Wowza renames the previous recording when it starts recording again.

Richard

5. Default

hmm ok; that explains it, even though it doesn't make sense to me. Thanks anyway, I'll adjust my code to this!

Take a look at the content folder while you are recording, you will see myStream.flv. You will not see myStream_0.flv until you stop the encoder then start another stream.

Richard

7. Default

Yes, I understand now how the versioning works in Wowza. But it doesn't make sense to me that the previous file gets renamed when the new recording starts. Media Management Systems, Playlists and even Player currently playing the previous file will have their URL invalidated because the file name is no longer correct.