Thread: Error: Over flush iteration limit

Default Error: Over flush iteration limit

Dear Support team

I just run live streaming application for a while, It seem to be that it work properly for a long time and get plenty of error for a whole day.

LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handleHolder[abc/_definst_/]: Over flush iteration limit.
    LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handleHolder[abc/_definst_/]: Over flush iteration limit.

How does it come and how can I fix it?

Thank you

Hello Mark,

What version of Wowza are you on? We had a patch/release that improved the packetization processes that seemingly solved this problem. Check out our upgrade guide to get the latest:

Wowza Media Server Upgrade Guide

I use Wowza 3.5.2, I run 5 application in the same time but I didn't know why the log error come from just one application.
    However I will try upgrade the version to 3.6

hi marknm12,
    what type of encoder you use ? I have the same problem when using FMLE and do not restart encoder for 7-8 days continuum .
    please keep in mind that FMLE is certified for running continuous for 7 days .
    I have solved with schedule automatic maintenance restart on FMLE (from command line or XML)

We have the same problem periodically.
    It was happened with 3.5.2-build3747 and 3.6.2-build5334 also.

We use custom proprietary encoder which produces MPEG-TS with several video and audio streams.

I am having this problem now.
    I see a strange answers on every request to playlist.m3u8.
    Interval between requests is several seconds.

#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=1,CODECS="avc1.66.13, mp4a.40.2",RESOLUTION=320x240

#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=1,CODECS="avc1.66.13, mp4a.40.2",RESOLUTION=320x240

There were 2 fixes for this problem. The first main fix was in 3.5.2 patch 8 and fixed most cases of the problem. A second fix in 3.6.2 patch 6 fixed some other edge cases.

Please update to the latest patch version (currently 3.6.2 patch 9) from here,

The wXXXXXXXX in the url is the Wowza session id and is a new format that was introduced in 3.6.2 to remove the need for a query string variable that was causing problems with some players.