Thread: How do I get stream names with viewer IP's?

Default How do I get stream names with viewer IP's?

I am creating a management panel that my streaming customers can use to manage their streams. For each stream in their app, I am showing whether they are online (streaming), and how many connections to each stream. I am using the XML from ':8086/connectioncounts' to get the number of viewer connections. The data here is great, but it does not show to me the IP addresses of each viewer. To get that, I have to go to ':8086/serverinfo', but the problem with this data, is that it does not include the stream name to which each viewer is connected.

So as it stands now, I can see:
    a. how many connections to a specific stream
    b. the ip address for each of the viewer connections to the server

But what I need to see is:
    a. how many connections to a specific stream
    b. the ip address for each of the viewer connections to a specific stream

Is there another set of XML data that shows stream names and ip addresses together?

You'd have to build something customized for this data as an httpprovider. If you are programmatically savvy, you can take a look at the following:

Detailed Server Info

And modify it to include the connections by published streams and display the client IP.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_y View Post
    If you are programmatically savvy, you can take a look at the following:
    'Programmatically savvy' - yes. But Java is new to me. I hoped that this data would be available somewhere, ready to pull into my PHP application.

Thanks for pointing me!

I can use the source code from 'connectioncounts' and look at the source code from 'serverinfo' and possibly figure out a solution to get connection ip addresses under a stream, but I understand how to add the <HTTPProvider> to the VHost.xml file, but I don't understand exactly how or where to save the code from IDE onto WMS.

When I try to export from IDE to [install-directory]/lib as a JAR file, I receive this message:
    JAR creation failed. See details for additional information.
    class file(s) on classpath not found or not accessible streamconnections/src/com/chfwd/wms/module/StreamConnections.java
    Where and how should I save the new HTTP Provider?

You need the Wowza IDE

This is the Wowza IDE Guide

There are links to the source code of both HTTPProviders in this article

Richard

Yes, I am using Wowza IDE and referencing the Wowza IDE User's Guide and the two HTTPProviders' source code, but I haven't seen specifics on where and how to save the file. Did you notice the error that I posted? What do you make of that?

When you save a file in the Wowza IDE a jar file is compiled to [install-dir]/lib folder. It will be [project-name].jar

The HTTPProvider Class(es) you put in that file are referenced in a VHost.xml /HTTPProviders list. There are step-by-step instructions in the guide, which is short.

Richard

Do I need to save a .java file, or only the .jar? When I click 'save-as', it wants to save as a .java file. I figured out that my .jar file is already saved into the [install-dir]/lib folder.

I was unclear for the HTTPProvider if I need to include a <Module> in the <Modules> section of VHost.xml as well.

Again, it is automated. Take a look in the /lib folder, you should see your .jar file. It has the same name as your project.

Richard