Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating Wowza servers having their own content accessing through public ip

Default Creating Wowza servers having their own content accessing through public ip

I have a data center where i am keeping all my wowza server.

i have wowza server s1- s10. they are having their own content. which is unique in whole cluster. (i. e. content what s1 is having is nowhere from s2- s9 and so on.)
    i want to serve content using one public IP. what should i do to serve content in this way?

Probably the easiest scenario here would be to setup a web server and host your content from there. Then use our MediaCache AddOn within your Wowza instances. You can add your http source within the MediaCache configuration.

As far as a single IP access, you could use a single IP while mapping different ports to your different instances. Alternatively you could use LoadBalancer AddOn but the configuration on that front could be messy.

Just to be clear:

Is it your goal to use the single IP for the data store itself from Wowza, or in accessing playback from s1-s10?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_y View Post
    Probably the easiest scenario here would be to setup a web server and host your content from there. Then use our MediaCache AddOn within your Wowza instances. You can add your http source within the MediaCache configuration.
    thanks matt, but i am using these wowza server for streaming videos for iphone and android phone and from wap portal i want to redirect them to wowza server so there wont be any unnecessary load for web server.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_y View Post
    As far as a single IP access, you could use a single IP while mapping different ports to your different instances. Alternatively you could use LoadBalancer AddOn but the configuration on that front could be messy.

Just to be clear:

Is it your goal to use the single IP for the data store itself from Wowza, or in accessing playback from s1-s10?

i want to access playback using single ip. I have attached picture for reference and as it is for iphone and android there will be direct url to which i wants to redirect like...
    http://example.com:1935/_definst_/mp.../playlist.m3u8

Last edited by kushal; 08-20-2013 at 10:44 PM.

What is built-in to Wowza for scaling vod delivery is MediaCache and the Wowza Load Balancer. MediaCache supports NAS, so you should be able to use your mounted drive.

MediaCache fetches content from the content server and caches it locally on each Wowza MediaCache server, which should reduce the load on the content server far more than what you are doing.

If you must have unique content on each Wowza server for vod client playback and have a single point of access, you will have to add a custom routing layer, most likely in your application server. There is nothing built-in to Wowza to support that.

Richard

that means i have to expose all wowza server to public ip ..??

You cannot hide the Wowza IP addresses from playback clients, and the if they care to look, the public. I would just go ahead and see what is built-in to Wowza and how it works. If it is not enough and you can add custom layers for routing and security. Here is what is built-in to Wowza for Security

Richard

thanks Richard, but in the previous post you have told we can put some kind of application sever if want to access the data using one publc ip or one public domain name. what kind of application server layer you will suggest as this will be used for only for mobile devices streaming and only for stored content.

Kushal

It would be a custom layer, something you develop. It could involve the application server and/or Wowza modules or httpproviders. I have shown what we have built-in

We have a list of independent consultants you can get by writing to support@wowza.com

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast