Thread: Stream from IP Camera MPEG codec to Wowza Media Server

Default Stream from IP Camera MPEG codec to Wowza Media Server

Dear All,

I have a question to ask. I want to stream from IP Camera which use MPEG code, and I know that Wowza Media Server cannot stream from this type.
    But as I surf around forum and google, I knew there a way to stream it by using FFMPEG. I start to read about FFMPEG, but seem to very complicated.
    So I want to know how can I stream from IP Camera which use MPEG Code to Wowza Media Server. (IP Camera MPEG Code > FFMPEG > WOWZA)

Let me know if anything wrong!

Thanks and best Regards,

Vichea

P.S: My IP Camera model is : Mobotix M24M-Sec

Thanks

You can also use VLC for this purpose, or the Wowza Transcoder.

However, that is only necessary if the camera only supports mpeg-4 part 2 video codec. If it is mpeg-4 part 10 (AVC) video codec, that is h.264, which Wowza supports without transcoding.

Richard

Thanks Richard,

Now I have solved this problem.

Thank you.

Default Stream from MPEG 2 Camera

Hi Richard,

on the same subject … one of our customers just got a new JVC GY-HM650U/GY-HM650E Camera and I understand that it supports mpeg-4 part 10 (AVC) video codec, that is h.264.
    How would you suggest to set him up with an Wowza Application to go Live?
    I am not clear … do I use the “Re-streaming from an IP Camera” (camera.stream) or could he push directly from the Camera to a Wowza URL?

Thanks
    Kurt

Kurt,

No, that's a pro or prosumer video cam, not an IP camera. There maybe a way to use it as a webcam, connect with RTMP live encoder like FMLE or Wirecast then publish to Wowza. But that's not the intended purpose of this kind of camera.

Richard

Richard.

Thanks for your quick reply … I got some additional info about this JVC GY-HM650U/GY-HM650E camera it appears this Camera Version has a “Streaming” option where you can enter an IP and port.
    Maybe there is a way after all to stream through our EC2 Wowzas 
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...up%20Guide.pdf

Thanks
    Kurt

Kurt,

Yes, you should be able to re-stream in Wowza from that camera following he mpeg-ts guide. The camera is the mpeg-ts encoder. You will use the same udp url (in .stream file as is shown) that the guide shows to use in the VLC, except that you should omit the @

Richard

Thanks Richard … I appreciate your support!
    That’s good news.

Best
    Kurt

Thanks guys for support,

Now I can stream from the camera to Wowza. I miss some point that my Camera is support MJPEG. Now I stream it to Wowza by using FFMPEG.

Best Regards,

Vichea