Thread: Physical Memory not release after live feed destroyed

1. Unhappy Physical Memory not release after live feed destroyed

Hi All,

It's very big problem.
    When i push any live feed on Wowza Media Server, Physical memory was increased
    and when i was destroyed live feed on Wowza, this memory was not released by Wowza.
    If I stop Wowza Media Server, Then it released Physical memory.

Kindly Help me and give me better suggestion.

Is it causing problems with your stream? Are you receiving errors in the logs regarding heap space or otherwise? The VM will do garbage collection based on a variety of factors of which aren't necessarily dependent on a particular action (i.e. stream start/stop etc).

Hi matt_y,
    I have same problem with gupta.ravi0709, The heap memory not release after live feed destroyed,
    I have check the eror log in folder logs, but i see there're no eror_log here !

I'm working with a client who recently upgrade from WMS 2.x to the latest 3.6.3 build, and published streams seem to be exhibiting this issues as well, on CentOS + JRE 1.7 x64, 4 GB of physical RAM. The client wasn't experiencing any issues with WMS 2.x. I enabled the GC option in the as recommended by the tuning guide, and that seemed to helped on our first run of tests, but after two hours of a live event, the heap suddenly jumped and reached its maximum, crashing the server. Any thoughts?

In order to validate this, we need to take a look at the configuration and log statements covering the associated time frame. Please send an email to and include a copy of the [install-dir]/conf and /logs folders as a .zip file (or other archive) so we can take a closer look at your configuration and server activity.

Please include a reference to this post.