Thread: MPEG2 Audio strage behaviour

Exclamation MPEG2 Audio strage behaviour

Hi,

I am receiving a MPEG-2 multicast stream. The stream contains 15-16 channels. Out of those channel in one channel I am processing 3 streams in a server.

In a particular stream... I am seeing freezing issue... But when I remove the audio from encoder the video plays fine.. I.e. there is some issue with the stream.

The audio is encoded in MPEG-2 stereo. Other streams play fine.. without freezing (only difference is the Audio is in MPEG-1)

I checked the logs.. as well .. there is no such error message regarding encoding/decoding Audio.

Can anyone tell me what could be issue?

Thanks in Advance
    Birendra

Birendra,

It is probably a problem with the playback client you are using. What are you testing playback with? MPEG2 audio has to transcoded to AAC for most clients.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply.

We are using Flowplayer... And yes I am transcoding the audo to AAC. Also I tested using our example player that comes along with Wowza.

Thanks,
    Birendra

Birendra,

Please open a ticket by writing to support@wowza.com

First provide log files, and please make it an isolated test of the problem stream. Delete the current access log, then start Wowza and start the stream, then test playback in Flowplayer.

Then zip up the whole /conf folder along with the access log showing Wowza startup and above test and send that.

A recording of the source might be requested, but let's start with logs and /conf folder.

Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

Also, are you using the Wowza Transcoder or another transcoder? If the Wowza Transcoder, are you playing back one of the transcoded renditions, or the source? The source is not transcoded.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply.

I got the issue resolved.. The problem was with the audio alignment, that is why is was causing freezing issue.

I referred to this link :
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?37#align

Thanks,
    Birendra

That's great. Glad it's working. Thanks for the update

Richard

I am currently transmitting a channel and I can not hear the mpeg2 encoder working on L2 I must do to achieve hear the live channel

Can you please explain what you mean by L2? Does this question pertain to UStream?

Salvadore