Wowza Community

Pulling RTMP and muxing it into MPEG2-TS

Hi all,

I’m struggling a bit with this topic.

I followed this documentation but something doesn’t quite work: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-an-unprotected-stream-from-adobe-media-server-or-a-cdn#streamFiles

I create xxx.stream file containing the rtmp:// URL, but when I start receiving the stream using the StreamManager I get this warning and nothing works:

WARN 200 - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.connect: Failure no URL: xxx.stream

As alternative I tried to put the RTMP URL as Stream name in streammanager and suddenly it worked.

Is this supposed to be done like this? Now I get the following message in the logs when the PushPublish plugin maps the stream to multicast:

PushPublisherBase#Exception IOPerformance initInvalid character ‘:’ in value part of property - - - 324.535

Even with this message everything seems to be working fine.

Any suggestion how this could be done differently?

BR,

Janis

Janis,

You don’t need to use StreamManager. An RTMP live encoder publishes directly, i.e. pushes a stream to Wowza. StreamManager is used to start MediaCaster streams such as IP cameras or mpeg-ts encoders that have a rtsp or udp urls that Wowza pulls a stream from

So when you start your RTMP live encoder and publish a stream to a Wowza application you will see a publish event in the logs, and you will be able to play the stream back in a playback client right away.

Richard

Janis,

I see, sorry. That is supported, but only if the stream is unprotected, as explained in this guide. It is probably protected, or in unreachable for other reason.

Rihar

Janis,

The MediaCaster Advanced Monitor might help

Richard

Richard hi,

I think you misunderstood me a bit. The URL pasted above describes how to PULL a RTMP stream from Akamai for republishing. This is what I need to do, push is not a option in this solution.

Also what I have noticed is that after ~2hours the stream times out. I can see that the Watchdog is trying to reset the stream but for some reason that doesn’t happen:

2013-08-28 17:57:19 CEST comment server WARN 200 - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.doWatchdog: streamTimeout: Resetting connection [Lcom.wowza.wms.mediacaster.wowza.LiveMediaStreamURL;@1e3e9e5e - - - 24069.903 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2013-08-28 17:57:19 CEST comment server INFO 200 - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.resetConnection: (SOCKET, R: XXXX/XXXX:1935, L: /XXX:38569, S: XXXX/XXXXX:1935) - - - 24069.903 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2013-08-28 17:57:19 CEST comment server INFO 200 - TranscodingSession.resetStream[amedia01/definst/rtmp://XXXXXX/live/XXXXXXX] - - - 24069.906 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2013-08-28 17:57:19 CEST comment server INFO 200 - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.sessionClosed: - - - 24069.906 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2013-08-28 17:57:19 CEST comment server INFO 200 - TranscodingSession.close[amedia01/definst/rtmp://XXXXX/live/XXXXXXX] - - - 24069.907 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2013-08-28 17:57:19 CEST comment server INFO 200 - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.sessionClosed: reconnect: isCurrentSession:false tryConnect:true - - - 24069.908 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After I manually stop receiving the stream and start it again everything is fine… For 2 more hours…

Any ideas?

BR,

Janis

Rihar hi,

Seems that I managed to get that working as described in the guide. I forgot to add the to the Application.xml.

Even if it’s working as described I still have issues with the stream interruptions after ~2 hours pulling. To recover the stream I need to restart wowza - stream reset doesn’t help. Could it be some kind of memory leak in WOWZA or PushPublish plugin?

I’ll open support request and provide all the details.

BR,

Janis