Thread: Consuming too much memory, output buffer?

Default Consuming too much memory, output buffer?

Our wowza server receives a lot of RTMP streams (maybe 30 at once) and re-publishes them to Akamai. However, we're having issues with our ISP right now and it's likely that many of the push streams are unable to be sent to Akamai. I suspect Wowza has some sort of output buffering feature so that it can just accumulate a queue of data it needs to send out when it can.

Is there any way to confirm this?

Our wowza server has gone into swap twice in the past two days now. We haven't changed anything on the system or added a ton more streams or anything. The only difference is that we know there are publishing issues to the CDN.

It's an 8GB system. What other info should I add?

Unfortunately, it sounds as though the ISP is your bottleneck and you will likely need to limit the number of streams pushed and/or add capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_y View Post
    Unfortunately, it sounds as though the ISP is your bottleneck and you will likely need to limit the number of streams pushed and/or add capacity.
    If we are unable to publish streams to Akamai from Wowza, why would Wowza suddenly use so much more memory? Surely I should be able to control that?

If you can send a zip file of your [install-dir]/conf and [install-dir]/logs to support@wowza.com, we can take a look at whats going on.