Wowza Community

Speex Live Stream record

Im trying to record a stream with speex audio encoding with no luck. When I play the recorded stream, it plays with no audio.

I’ve tried the following combinations:

client: H264 video + speex | Server: LiveStreamRecorderMP4 | result: no audio

client: spark + speex | Server: LiveStreamRecorderFLV | result: no audio

client: spark + nellymoser | Server: LiveStreamRecorderFLV | result: audio!!!

is there something I’m missing? because I see in the documentation: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-record-live-streams-httplivestreamrecord#sourcestream that SPEEX is supported. or is it just impossible to record speex audio??

What play back client are you testing in?

What encoder are you using?

Speex audio is supported by Flash RTMP and Flash HTTP clients.

Take a look at this article for reference in setting up a flash app for Speex audio:

How to convert Flash Player 11 output from H.264 + Speex audio to H.264 + AAC audio using Wowza Transcoder AddOn

Salvadore

Does the audio work when you play the file with the Flash RTMP example player? [wowza-install-dir]/examples/VideoOnDemandStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer/player.html

Salvadore

Make sure you are using the video on demand player, and not the live player.

To play the file you would enter the following into the player:

[Server] rtmp://[wowza-ip]/[application]
[Stream] flv:[file-name].flv

For example:

[Server] rtmp://localhost/vod
[Stream] flv:sample.flv

Salvadore

What play back client are you testing in?

What encoder are you using?

Speex audio is supported by Flash RTMP and Flash HTTP clients.

Take a look at this article for reference in setting up a flash app for Speex audio:

How to convert Flash Player 11 output from H.264 + Speex audio to H.264 + AAC audio using Wowza Transcoder AddOn

Salvadore

Im using a flex app client to stream the webcam in to wowza, wowza then records that stream into a .flv file, I then try to reproduce it in VLC, import it into flash, and other players. They all reproduce the FLV ok, but without audio :(, also, when I try to import the FLV file in to flash, it says it cannot be imported since the audio codec is not supported or something like that.

how can I play the .flv via that player? it only receives the name of a live stream. btw, if I subscribe to the live stream, I can perfectly hear it. the problem is in the recording process.