Thread: Unable to get Mediacache to work with Silverlight

Default Unable to get Mediacache to work with Silverlight

I am trying to play content located in S3 through Mediacache using a Silverlight viewer. I get it to play about 4 frames before dropping the stream. This works fine when I use a flash player or Apple device. If I take Wowza out of the loop and have Silverlight play the video directly off of S3 as a progressive download it works fine. I am using H264 encoded MP4 files. The Wowza server is not logging this as an error just as a 200 play request.

Ever seen this before?

What player are you using? Have you tested with the Wowza Silverlight example (located in the /examples folder where Wowza is installed) ?

Richard

I am using a player that was pulled form the Microsoft IIS training sites several years ago. It works fine for everything else. I tested the Wowza example player this morning and am unable to get it to play anything. The following error appears below the player:

Streaming error: caught exception trying to parse the main manifest: Manifest root element must be <SmoothStreamingMedia>

I am unable to get standard live streams that do work on my older player to work in this example player. Here is how my stream is structured:
    http://wowzaserveraddress.com/live/_...mname/manifest

Change "/manifest" to "/Manifest"

http://wowzaserveraddress.com/live/_definst_/streamname/Manifest

Richard

Ahhhh thank you. It looks like it is an issue with my Silverlight player. The Wowza example works fine.

Thanks again!

Great, thanks for the update

Richard