Thread: Recording restarted on timecode change

Question Recording restarted on timecode change

I am doing recording of a stream in hourly basis .. But sometimes, the stream go bad and the recording gets re triggered. I see multiple recording started in between an hour.

Here is the log part..

LiveStreamRecorderMP4[dvr/_definst_]:[11:0]: Timecodes jumped back in time. - - - 610181.122 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2013-09-28 10:30:50 AST comment server INFO 200 - LiveStreamRecorderMP4[dvr/_definst_]: Timecodes jumped back in time, switching to new recording file - - - 610181.122 -

So my concern is..

Can I just stop wowza from restarting the recording on timecode change...

Will setting below propery work:

Last edited by dhamibirendra; 10-02-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: info added

If you set this property to "append" it is possible you would be recording good content to a bad file.

Have you used the default property of "Version existing file"? This will create a new version of the file when the recording is stopped and restarted.

Hi Salvadore,

Yes I am using the versioning.. But what I want is stop Wowza from starting recording again when timecode change

Is this possbile?

If the timecodes jump back in time the recording will need to start a new file in order to not brake the old one.
    It is not possible at the moment to just stop recording when this happens instead of creating a new file.