Wowza Community

remove rtsp security digest

Hello, I have a secured rtsp application on wowza server, when I tries to connect by VLC it asks for a username and password (I don’t know where they are stored or how to connect to a secured rtsp using VLC) , I tried to remove the authentication but it did not work. Please advice.

digest

digest

Thank you

By default, usernames and passwords are stored in the [install-dir]/conf/publish.password file.

This file using the following format:

# Publish password file (format [username][space][password])
# username password
myuser mypassword

You can disable authentication by setting PublishMethod to “none”.

Salvadore

Thank you

publish.password has not username or password

I sat up PublishMethod to “none”, but VLC kept prompting for credentials , so I I sat up PlayMethod to “none” and got error from VLC (VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://url ). Please advice

I meant VLC prompting for username and password

Someone else set-up the server before the company hires me

This is my Application.XML

true

d:\mp3-previews

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys

cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming

none

none

senderreport

base

Base

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleCore

properties

Properties

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleProperties

logging

Client Logging

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleClientLogging

flvplayback

FLVPlayback

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFLVPlayback

Thank you for your help, but I still cannot stream rtsp using VLC, I got this error “VLC is unable to open the MRL ‘http://myurl’. Check the log for details.” I tink it has nothing to do with the username and password. Please advice

I tried the link you gave to me and it worked fine, thanks.

I’m using rtsp not http I just typed it wrong.

I created a new application but it did not work either, I will send you the wowzamediaserver_access.logs

Can you explain what you mean by a “secured rtsp application”?

How did you go about setting this up?

Salvadore

I see no other modules enabled in your application.xml file. Are you sure you are making your changes and saving to [install-dir]/conf/[app]

Sometimes the Application.xml file is saved in [install-dir]/applications/[app] which is the wrong location for this file.

You could set up a user name and password in the [install-dir]/conf/publish.password file.

[code[# Publish password file (format [username][space][password])

username password

myuser mypassword

Salvadore

It is possible that your firewall is blocking VLC from connecting to the internet. Check your firewall settings and allow VLC to connect to all networks.

Can you play this file back?

rtsp://184.72.239.149/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_175k.mov

Salvadore

I just noticed you are using http and not rtsp. So try adding /playlist.m3u8 to the end of your stream URL

Salvadore

Is starting over an option? You could just build a new application and go from there.

If not you can open a support ticket. Delete your log file in [install-dir]/logs/wowzamediaserver_access.logs, start Wowza and attempt to connect to the stream. Then zip up your /log and /conf folders and send them to support@wowza.com. Make sure to provide them as mush detail as you can about your issue to help them track it down.

Include a link to this thread for reference.

Salvadore