Thread: rack mount server for transcoder

Default rack mount server for transcoder

Hello

i'm looking rack mount server for wowza transcoder and maybe someone can help which server is good for this job

Hi,
    The specification would depend on your transcoding needs, if you're only going to transcode 1 steam into 3 renditions then a simple quad core processor may do.
    Please find below a link to the transcoder benchmark page so you can see the hardware you may need for your transcoding requirements
    Transcoder benchmark

You will also find a link to specifications page where you will find the the minimum hardware requirements section below,
    Hardware Requirements

Jason

JasonH

thanks for this information

As i understand i need Server1 configuration server, but I couldn't find any server with this cpu and maybe someone known exact server model with this cpu

Hi,

The E3 cpus are part of the same family as the i7 series. Any of the i7 2nd or 3rd or 4th generation will work. The E3 series are server spec and the ones that end in a 5 should support QuickSync.

See http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced...SyncVideo=true for a complete list of processors that support QuickSync.

Roger.