Wowza Community

Record video from client side

hi

m new to wowza

m wondering that how wowza works i mean its installed on desktop and we host our site on webserver so how it handles all the procedure.

client will intrect with server how wowza will handle that and wowza is storing video on local machine [instaled-dirctory]/application/webcamrecording

and in example we are conecting with the help of rtmp://[wowza-ip-address]/videorecording

any exmple and discusion discused on wowza forum is not making any sense to me…

i m trying wowza because i intended to use wowza in my webapp in which client will give live intrview to the applicant. and on applicant video will be recorded.

and user can share and rate that video. so again video suppose to be saved on server not on local machine

Clients, such as Flash RTMP players, connect to and stream from Wowza directly. A web server stores and serves player files (e.g. html, swf, javascript) to the browser, but is not involved in streaming. Streaming happens between the player running in a browser, or a mobile device and Wowza.

The Wowza Quickstart Guide is a good place to start

And this a flat view of all articles, tutorials, examples and guides.

Richard

There are many dedicated encoders, but if you want an encoder that runs a browser and publishes a stream to Wowza the only practical choice still is Flash.

Richard

:slight_smile:

Thnks Richard

another little confusion. what about the video we have stored on wowza server. because wowza store videos with its own naming technique. but i want to save the name of video in my data base so i can imbed the video to my other pages.

thnks in advance this saves lot of time :cool:

And i dont want to use flash. is there any tutorial which can guide me to use services of wowza from html five.

i mean i want to record video with out using flash instead using javascripting and html5