Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programmatically set originurl through API

Lightbulb Programmatically set originurl through API

Hello,

we are already using API to set the mediacaster URL (resolveMediaList,resolvePlayPath,resolveStreamAlias) to set in an origin/edge configuration the correct server/application/stream from where to get an MBR live stream.

How it is possibile to do the same for a DVR origin/edge setup?

We always get this error on the edge:
    DVR Store '<streamname>' not found. Returning empty playlist.

We tried with <ChunkOriginURL> empty, or filled with a specific server, but servers are more than one, and also applications.

DVR works correctly connecting on the origin server.

Thank you.

Try adding the following onAppStart instead:

appInstance.setRepeaterOriginUrl("[YOUR-WOWZA-ORIGIN-URL]");

Hi Matt,

thank you very much, it works finally.

But not all is correctly working.

I set the repeaterOriginUrl to: wowz://originserver:1935/application/appInstance
    And the repeater gets all infos and san jose chunks correctly from the origin, for a non DVR streaming.

But, when i start playing DVR, i get errors like this:

ERROR server comment - DvrStreamStoreBase.retrieveChunkFromRepeater[edgeApplication/instance/formatName/formatName.0] : e:HTTPDvrRawChunkReader.open: Invalid HTTP status[403]: http://originserver:1935/application...dexes(468).dvr
    WARN server comment - DvrStreamStoreBase.retrieveChunkFromRepeater[edgeApplication/instance/formatName/formatName.0] : Unable to get DVR chunks from any of the origin urls:
    WARN server comment - DvrStreamStoreBase.retrieveChunkFromRepeater[edgeApplication/instance/formatName/formatName.0] : url: wowz://originserver:1935/application/instance/formatName.0
    WARN server comment - .getDvrSanJoseFragments: null video chunk chunkIndex=468
    ERROR server comment - DvrStreamStoreBase.retrieveChunkFromRepeater[edgeApplication/instance/formatName/formatName.0] : e:HTTPDvrRawChunkReader.open: Invalid HTTP status[403]: http://originserver:1935/application...dexes(468).dvr
    WARN server comment - .getDvrSanJoseFragments: null audio chunk chunkIndex=468
    WARN server comment - HTTPStreamerAdapterSanJoseStreamer.onMediaFile: Chunk:87 not found [edgeApplication/instance/amlst:0d280a41-f19b-41b8-b911-469944d4b810/DVR_b388000_w221660637_qRFZS.abst/Seg1-Frag88]: formatName.

It seems that the instanceName is missing on DVR chunk requests to the origin.

Thank you again.

What version of Wowza are you using? Be sure you are on the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_y View Post
    What version of Wowza are you using? Be sure you are on the latest patch.

Yes, I applied 3.6.2.12 patch and got the same situation. I see that the manifest says
    <mimeType>video/mp4</mimeType>
    <streamType>dvr</streamType>
    <deliveryType>streaming</deliveryType>
    <dvrInfo windowDuration="-1"> </dvrInfo>

I suppose that the windowDuration that the edgeServer says is wrong, and if I connect directly to the originServer the value is 600 (that is my configuration).

anybody can help me? i have to wait some patch?

Hi,

On your origin server, you need DVR enabled and you need to enable dvrchunkstreaming in HTTPStreamers in your Application.xml.

<HTTPStreamers>cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming,dvrchunkstreaming</HTTPStreamers>
    It is this HTTPStreamer that handles the DVR requests from the edges.

Roger.

Yes, it is configured correctly, and we also tried to install 3.6.2.16.

As already stated the edge is connecting to the origin without the instance name, even if it is specified, trying to access the default instance that do NOT have any stream.

the edge connect to this url: http : / / originserver:1935/application/formatName.0/ChunkTypes%288%29/ChunkIndexes%28468%29.dvr
    instead of http : / / originserver:1935/application/instance/formatName.0/ChunkTypes%288%29/ChunkIndexes%28468%29.dvr

Please, we need urgent help to solve this situation.

Thank you.

Hi guys,

any news there about our issue?

Best regards

Are both your edge and origin servers on the latest versions? If not, you'll want to be sure to keep them the same and up-to-date as there was a appinstance issue in a previous version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast