Iím starting a new project, and Iím a total newbie in wowza and amazon EC2.
The project isnít really original. Basically, itís a video surveillance system that use IP cams, with some extra features.
I know that the subject of IP cams is often discussed here, and I already got answers to some of my problems. But what I would like to ask you, it is if the whole system described below can be done like I think it is.
So the system must be able to :
- Provide a (720p) live view from a RTSP stream.
- Record another RTSP stream, 24/7, in mp4 480p.
- The client should be able to access as quickly as possible to recorded videos (stored on S3).
- The client can get an instant access to the videos of the last month.
First of all, are there ďready to useĒ configurations/solutions for this kind of use ?
From what Iíve learned, I know that :
- Itís possible to use Wowza to re-stream the cam RTSP stream, according to http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?39.
- Itís possible to record the stream, according to here : http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...g-really-works
But is it possible to get files of X minutes, store them on S3 and to stream them instantly ?
Also does one wowza server can handle multiples RTSP streams ? And if so, about Amazon EC2, can one single small instance can manage multiple cameras, doing all iíve described?
Thanks a lot, and sorry for my english !