Thread: DVR bug?

Default DVR bug?

I've purchased license for Wowza 3.6.2 and it's DVR addon.

I've configed DVR that store 48 hours length (172800), this is my config:

<!-- To turn on DVR recording set Recorders to dvrrecorder.  This works with dvrstreamingpacketizer  -->
                            <!-- As a single server or as an origin, set the Store to dvrfilestorage-->
                            <!-- edges should have this empty -->
                            <!--  Window Duration is length of live DVR window in seconds.  0 means the window is never trimmed. -->
                            <!-- Storage Directory is top level location where dvr is stored.  e.g. c:/temp/dvr -->
                            <!-- valid ArchiveStrategy values are append, version, delete -->
                            <!-- Properties for DVR -->
    And it recorded just 40 hours then stop. This is what I see in the player:

I've tried restart the stream as well as restart Wowza service but it still doesn't record anymore.

Is it possible you ran out of disc space?

Do you see any evidence of the problem in the access logs?

Storage space is still available. And the logs doesn't show anything special

The maximum limit for nDVR recording length is 30 hours, even if the WindowDuration is greater than 30 hours. The reason Wowza do not recommend a DVR recording greater than 30 hours is twofold. The playlist will be repeated requested every couple of seconds (based on key frame size) and an extremely large playlist will be problematic. Secondly there is more risk with a longer recording and should there be a problem (network, disk full, out of memory, etc.), then the whole recording would be in jeopardy.