Thread: S3 Integration on Non-EC2 Version?

Question S3 Integration on Non-EC2 Version?

I'm wondering if I can integrate Wowza with S3 on a Non-EC2 VPC?

Specifically, I want to run a Wowza Media server on Linode, but access our existing media stored on S3. All of the S3 tutorials I've found assume that you're running "Wowza for Amazon EC2".

Thanks,
    Lyle

Lyle,

To move recordings to S3 you can use S3FS, which is used on the Wowza EC2 AMIs. You must use the ModuleMediaWriteFileMover (or the API) to move files to S3FS mount rather than recording to it directly.

And you can configure Wowza MediaCache to stream from S3 buckets. You can add AWS keys to access secured content. See the included guide for more info on use MediaCache with S3.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Lyle,

To move recordings to S3 you can use S3FS, which is used on the Wowza EC2 AMIs. You must use the ModuleMediaWriteFileMover (or the API) to move files to S3FS mount rather than recording to it directly.

And you can configure Wowza MediaCache to stream from S3 buckets. You can add AWS keys to access secured content. See the included guide for more info on use MediaCache with S3.

Richard

Hi Richard,

My recordings are already on S3 stored as WAV and MP3 files. I need for Wowza to stream and convert them from S3. I DO NOT want to use EC2. Can you please confirm for me that I do not have to be using the EC2 AMI in order to get that functionality? If so, what should I sign up for?

Thanks,
    Lyle Pratt

Lyle,

Again, you can use MediaCache on your server, there are configuration options and documentation specific to using S3 bucket as a content source.

Wowza supports .mp3 files but not .wav files. There is no feature in Wowza to convert or transcode files. The Wowza Transcoder only works with live streams.

Richard