Wowza Community

Live stream encoder not found - problem

Hello guys,

I’m new to wowza and all things run well except the snapshot part.

Every time I try to get a snapshot http://xxxxxxxxx:8086/transcoderthumbnail?application=videochat&streamname=15&format=jpeg&size=300x200

… the server console writes:

Live stream encoder not found.

I’ve turned it to “default” in the .xml template.

My wowza runs on a vServer if it depends on that.

Would be very happy if anyone could help me.

Regards,

telcy

You need to be calling a stream in your snapshot URL that is active in the transcoder. it looks like you’re trying to use stream “15”. Typically, when calling a stream from the transcoder, you would have created a label for that stream in your transcoder template (i.e. “_360p” which would be “15_360p” in your URL). Have you successfully setup the Transcoder? For more information, see this tutorial on How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming.

If this doesn’t help, please create a support ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com. Include a copy of your [install-dir]/conf and /logs folders as a .zip file (or other archive) so we can take a closer look at your configuration and server activity. Also, please include a reference to this post.

Thank you,

-Tim

Wow, thank you for the fast response.

I think it’s the transcoder which is not setup correctly.

I will try to solve these problems.

Thank you,

telcy

You need to be calling a stream in your snapshot URL that is active in the transcoder. it looks like you’re trying to use stream “15”. Typically, when calling a stream from the transcoder, you would have created a label for that stream in your transcoder template (i.e. “_360p” which would be “15_360p” in your URL). Have you successfully setup the Transcoder? For more information, see this tutorial on How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming.

If this doesn’t help, please create a support ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com. Include a copy of your [install-dir]/conf and /logs folders as a .zip file (or other archive) so we can take a closer look at your configuration and server activity. Also, please include a reference to this post.

Thank you,

-Tim

I’m not succesfull with setting up the transcoder. My request url: http://xxxxxxxx:8086/transcoderthumbnail?application=videochat&streamname=15_160p&format=jpeg&size=300x200

I’ve opened a support ticket at the present mail with conf, log, transcoder as attachment.

regards,

telcy