Thread: Changing Filename of Recorded Stream

Default Changing Filename of Recorded Stream

Is there an easy way to change the filename of a recorded stream? For example, instead if just saving it with the stream name, would it be possible to automatically add the date and time to it like myStream_20131015_0849AM ?

If you are using HTTPLiveStreamRecord you can specify the file version naming convention

If you are using StreamType "live-record", or MediaCaster type "rtp-record", or a Flash app using NetStream.publish(), you can use IMediaWriterActionNotify to rename recordings.

Richard

Hi,
    You can specify the file name using the LiveStreamRecord Module found here,
    LiveStreamRecord tutorial

Have you tried the example shown in the user interface?,
    The example is ${SourceStreamName}_${RecordingStartTime}, I'm not sure if this only applies to versioning the file though as I've not tested it.

If this doesn't work, I think you would have to write some custom code to do it.

Jason

I did see the example, but I was hoping there was a way I could just set a property in the config file using the variables that you mentioned above without writing a module, but there doesn't seem to be a way. I'm using live-record.

Hi,
    Yes, I know what you're requesting but it looks like it will have to be done using a custom Module.

If you require assistance writing a custom Module you can contact a consultant using the Find a consultant forum.
    Alternatively you can request the independent consultants list via email by sending the request to support@wowza.com

Jason